updated photos of 350 V8 for my Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael b

Reaction score
Just took some photos a few hours ago to update where we are on the engine. As you can tell it is getting closer:)

Mechanic estimates 350hp & 350tq so I guess it's gonna be a 350-350-350:lol:

Man, I cant wait till this thing is done!

It is currently on the engine stand so we can fire it up soon & break the new cam & everything in before we drop it into the Trac.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh sweetness.....that thing there is one beautiful masterpiece! Bro, that Trac is gonna move! Come to Louisiana and visit me, I wanna play with the Tonka truck for a few minutes! Nice! I hope it goes as planned! God bless! -DD ST

Looks good. That last pic looks like it's a picture in a frame. :cool:

Oh, Tonka, you want an aftermarket cam? My roommate pulled a Lunati cam out of his garage that he was gonna put in his truck before it was stolen. It's a Lunati VooDoo, and the part number is 60101LK I believe. Supposed to be one of the most aggressive street cams for trucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good, for a Chevy motor. What size carb is that on there? I'm wondering if you'll have to install shorty/block huggers headers to get it to work...

You'll not get an additional 50HP from a cam. Do extensive head work along with a big cam and you'll be close. But then again, you'll loose low-end torque, and with Tonka's set-up, he needs all the low-end he can get.

Couldn't find a rear sump 302? Really? There are conversion kits. I was looking for a front sump 302 and couldn't hardly find one...well, a carb'd one at least.

Most all are double sump.. and not really any rear sump out there with a low low front. The oil pump on the 302 sets right in the front. I also checked into the dry sump pan, but that's more of a pain.

[Broken External Image]:

How much is it all costing you? If I ever need a new engine, might as well move up in the world.

Latest posts