update XP drivers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Aloha guys, I have started using Google chrome, but I still get the message to update XPdrivers. I installed the program but before updating, it wants me to register with them! I am leary may this be come scam or do you think it is legit?

TKS an God bless Ed

To me that sounds like adware. I have never heard of Chrome asking to update XP Drivers and it definitely would not have asked you to install another program on its own. If you have an anti-virus I would run it and if it finds nothing try to Google "Malware-bytes free" and download it from the "download.cnet" link. It may not let you get that far so if you can't, just download installer to another computer and use a flash drive to move it over. That's my suggestion... Good Luck! Zachary L.

Yep, Like Zachary L says...you picked up some spyware/adware. I have Google Chrome and Windows XP and I have never been asked to update my drivers??

It maybe a good idea to update the drivers, but don't do it from a link on a pop-up window since you may get a virus.

Do a search for DriverMax... It's a software program I use to backup and restore all my drivers. It also has a feature that lets you check for outdated drivers and you can download updated drivers. If that new driver messes up something, DriverMax can uninstall the new driver and return you back to the previous driver.

DriverMax is free, but the free version limits you to two driver downloads per day, while the paid version has unlimited driver downloads. I have used the Free version for years and if a driver is not causing any problems, I don't worry about updating it.

...Rich

I get pop ups on you tube vids'. Wanting me to update xp drivers. Strange it is only on you tube.

Eddie,

I occassonally get pop-ups on You-Tube and other websites. It's not necessarily a virus or ad-ware. Some websites just allow pop-ups as part of their websites and is more a form of advertising than a problem.

...Rich