UPDATE: :- ) What a braking experiance... LOL

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Well,

Decided to install the Gold zinc D/S rotors, hawk pads and rear P/f pads today...

The fronts went off good, no problems. I will say my first impression of the Hawk pads is they are GREAT !!!

The rears not so good...

I remember another member here that got the wrong rear pads, Well yup, BOTH SETS I had hear were WRONG !!!! Then I go to install the rotors, YUP, WRONG !!!!!!

The rear pads and rotors were for an Explorer and Sport. NOT THE ST !!!!!

I found that the parts stores were either looking up the sport Trac as a sport, ( HAD to tell them 5 times what it was) or their computers had the wrong info....

SO after 4 hours, the fronts are done and I have new stock rotors and P/F pads on the back..

Just be careful when purchasing brake parts for the sport trac...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Well,

Just found from Rockauto.com that the fronts may be wrong also :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

that was like my problem with the fuel filter, the information in the database at the shop I went to was wrong so I got the wrong fuel filter. I found out what the right one was and told the store.. but Im sure they just brushed it off.

hey Todd, Yeah it was I who had the problem with the rear brake pads. It was the rose bud clips. I had taken a photo of the difference between the OEM Brakes and the Hawk Pads. I did contact Explorer Express about the problem and then they contacted Hawk about it, and then they sent me the right set. They charged me for the new pads and shipping and said they would refund me the money as soon as they received the pads that were incorrect. This is a pic of the difference in the rose bud clip for the rear pads.

[Broken External Image]:

Update:

The fronts are good to go, The guy is sending me new Rotors for the rear !!!

SO the best part is I can keep the rears, so any one with a Explorer want to buy 2 Gold zinc D/S rotors and pads ???????

Todd Z

The Gold Rotors and 2 sets of pads are for sale in Swap and sell.

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts