UPDATE: Tranny Flare/Slipping

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not knowing what exactly we were facing, we're it was the valve body, tranny, or the o ring. I had told him to start out with a tranny flush, new filter and o ring.

Just got off the phone with him and he said the truck wasn't giving anymore codes, so maybe that missing o ring could have been the problem. I'm picking the sport trac up tomorrow morning and see how it does.

Picked up the sport Trac this morning. I placed it in reverse and had no problems. But when placed in drive there wa a delay. It Drove fine for the first ten miles but now it's slipping again, feels like second and third for sure. The OD light came back on and flashed.

I will definitely go in the direction of the valve body. Question being: should I buy the remanufactured and upgraded valve body from central valve bodies on eBay or should I let them open up the valve body and look for the worn out stuff and replace independently ?

So the mechanic didnt drive it to see how it worked after the o-ring and flush?

Good luck with everything, mine is going in for an evaluation soon.

Latest posts