UPDATE Part 1...1955 Ford truck project

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeSondra Grossen

Reaction score
Figured I would share what I have been up to for about the past year. I talked to a few guys at the meet in Louisville about this. This is a combined effort with Me, my Dad, and my Brother. It all started with my Grandpa's 1955 F600 that was his work truck, he was a building contractor. My Dad bought the truck from him but with the 15 foot flatbed it was just too big to do anything with. So this past January we started looking for a F100. We are using the F600 Cab, Engine and Transmission, and the F100 frame and transmission. I have been doing the body work and paint, Dad, and brother have been doing the running gear. It had 9 inch rear end, and 4 wheel disc brakes, and 17 inch Aluminum rims. A friend of my is going to re-letter the doors after I get them painted. I could go on and on about all the details of this project, it has been great working on this project with my Dad and Brother, and my boys have been pitching in also, (Sondra has helped with moving stuff around and being very patient with me!) A family project on Grandpa's truck. It is still a work in progress, but we should finish it up next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
svt1848, That is awesome, I have a 78 280z, that my son and I are currently working on to swap a 83 280zx turbo motor into. I can see by the pictures you have gone through a lot of hard work, to get where you are now. Keep up the hard work , you are almost there.:supercool:

That is sweet. I would love to stay updated on this project. Please keep this thread alive as you work on it.

I have a long term goal of building a vintage bodied 4 door truck with a modern drivetrain and suspension. I take pride in not trailering my '69 Cougar, but would tow it if I had a matching 4 door Ford. Just because I think it would be cool, not to baby my car.

That's turning into a beautiful pickup! I had a remarkably cherry '53 F250 factory flatbed that I sure wish I had back. Smoothest running flat head V8 I've ever seen.

6cc2c983eecbf61250ff3cddf63566c9.jpg

Thanks guys!! I will update with some pictures every now and then. Work will slow down a little through the winter, between the painting area being full with cars for winter, and I don't heat it, I will have to wait till spring to paint. I am working on welding in patch panels on the front fenders and Valance, so we will keep chugging along with what we can do!

Steve M, Love the picture of your old 53!!

Gerry, what year is your F-100?

Here are some pictures of the the winter progress. Got the front fenders, valance, front bumper, grill, and one of the doors body work done and in primer. I have had some fun with my metal shrinker/strecher and home made benchtop English Wheel and actually made some patch panels that worked!! The Engine block and heads are at the machine shop, and all the rest of the engine parts are cleaned, painted ready to go back on. Got the carb rebuilt and cleaned last weekend. My Dad has all the inner fenderwells painted ready to go back on, and made some sideboards for the bed. Weather is getting better, should be able to get some painting done pretty soon!!!