ugliest sport trac ever.. haha

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Starr

Reaction score
I know the saying "too each their own" but this is the ugliest sport trac i have seen....

and I love how he claims its an Eddie Bauer Edition

That person deserves too have their hands broken. I mean, yeah they probably have ton of more mods then my ST but you gotta think when you put them on:wacko:

Since I'm taking a break from studying evidence....

Each in turn:

Bumper. I love the ARB front bumper with winch. ARB makes some bad-ass offroad gear.

Fender molding/trim. With larger tires and a larger lift, the huge fender trim could work. But, it needs to be matched to the plastic trim better.

Paint. The two-tone cab area is lame in that the guy used black. Most vehicles should stick to two primary colors and very light use of a third for accents. I'm not sure how I'd change it, but black on top, white in the middle, and two shades of silver for the fenders and trim don't work at all.

Badges. Crappy and tacky. Why not just add Corolla to it?

Hood scoops. To each their own. Some love them, some don't. I am in the second category when they're not functional.

Windshield visor with lights. This would be great if it was an old-school Mack or Peterbilt, or even an F-250 duallie. But, some trucks are too small to rock them, and I think the ST is one of them.

Bugshield and Window Trim. No beef with me.

Jack on the Roof. Is that what I think it is? It sure looks like a scissor jack. Am I seeing things? Maybe he threw a ground-pounder where the backseats used to be. If it's a jack, it's stupid. I will accept a Hi-Lift (since it's a lifted Trac), but not a scissor jack. Edit: It looks to be the roof rack from the van behind. Okay then.

Front skid plate. Not bad. Going for the off-road look/use, and it's pretty important.

In its defense, it has pretty low miles and for $9,000, it's reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow...:blink:

first off... i didnt kno there was an eddie bauer ST

and gesh! enough crap on ot??? i mean cool if its for off roading but like stated the tires need to be larger to go better with the huge flares.

also that bumper looks way to big in my eyes for an ST.

needs to strip it down and start over.

I's have to disagree on the Ulgiest. There are a couple of "Show" trucks that have been posted here that could easily win that award. Most notable is the one with all the wood in the interior, I think he was going for a south Pacific theme. I'll try to find it later today to add to this thread.

i have been wanting ARB to make a bumper for the trac for a while. but they still havent. that bumper is not for a sport trac and looks horrible on there. that is the ugliest trac ive seen.

Big D,

That's the one. The owner of that trac has a friend on this board. The member has some sort of psychedelic paint job on his truck, and lowered to the ground. I wouldn't give either of them 10 cents for their trucks, since I would be embarrassed to stand within 50 feet of those things.

but show trucks aren't meant for the every day driver taste. Most show trucks are created for the art. I can appreciate the work on that show truck. Ballistic23 also had a nice show truck. The paint on his was busy but at the same time. I appreciated the labor/art he put in to that ride. JK has a lowered bagged ST.. alot of folk don't care for the look, I appreciate the look. what's one person's spit is anothers drool ;)

As for the original post pic, over done. I think the owner was going for a racey, rock climbing cool look. Keep the bush/rock climbing gear and remove those hood ornaments!

and there is no such thing as an Eddie Baurer St, let alone an Eddie Bauer ST for rock climbing and racing! Owner remove that badge..keep it real That definately is Over done.

Its a bit overboard with all the badging and bug sheild and hood scoops etc. But, for the off road look Its not that bad. I have seen others that stick or bolt on way too much besides this one.......... But, I am a fan of the less is more look. Cleaner is nicer. Take stuff off not add too it.

Way over done. If he managed to narrow it down to just black and white colours it would really improve the looks. Still not my taste. I like clean & simple lines.

The poor picture doesn't do any justice either. Makes it look like the plumber's van in the background is growing out of the top of the truck.

Latest posts