UAW Seems to Be Cutting Off Its Own Nose to Spite Its Face

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My point exactly.. The "Union-Guys" all hide behind the strength of the union.. or I should say the black-male of the unions...

As far as me being jealous.. NOT A CHANCE.. I like to use my brains.. you could not pay me enough to sit at a machine all day and move one part to another.. YET I SAY again.. that person should not be making 60k+ a year either.. Again, there pay being based on the union BS that happens...

Pensions the cause for the airlines... Ok, well if these guys did not retire and again continue to make almost the same exact thing they did while working.. The pension funds they had to pay out would not as high.

I have personal friends that are part of the Teamsters.. When he retired, he made more money out of his pension than he did when he was working full-time for them.. Where is the justification in that. I have to continually pay higher prices for my products b/c the transportation costs keeping going up.

You want to know what I have to do for my retirement SAVE MY OWN MONEY. Why is it that any company OWES a union member a retirement. Learn how to budget and save your own money, opps forgot you only have a high school education, my bad.

This whole post exemplifies (is an example) of what is wrong with the country as a whole today. There are people like yourself that know nothing but union mentality and could never work in the “real” world, non-union.

More than 60% of the companies in the US that are union, are constantly struggling with staying open. Why is that I wonder.. maybe b/c they can not continue to pay the huge pensions that are out there.. the lifetime benefits..

My final thought on this, as I will not continue to go back and forth.. I am non-union, we don’t bicker.. we DO:

Get a job working in the non-union sector of the world and try to tell your boss that he/she can not fire you.. Tell your employer that you want a huge pension.. Tell your employer that you deserve a 10% raise every year.. yet I you don’t want to pay any more for benefits…

Once you do that.. Get back to me and let me know how the unemployment line fells!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I completely agree.. as my last statement says..

My final thought on this, as I will not continue to go back and forth.. I am non-union, we don’t bicker.. we DO:

Get a job working in the non-union sector of the world and try to tell your boss that he/she can not fire you.. Tell your employer that you want a huge pension.. Tell your employer that you deserve a 10% raise every year.. yet I you don’t want to pay any more for benefits…

Once you do that.. Get back to me and let me know how the unemployment line fells!!!

Jimmyf Out

Who is Caveman?

JimmyF

You want to know what I have to do for my retirement SAVE MY OWN MONEY. Why is it that any company OWES a union member a retirement. Learn how to budget and save your own money, opps forgot you only have a high school education, my bad.

What would you say if a company you worked for promised to pay you $40,000/year. Once you got your paycheck, they only paid you $20,000/year? Would you not be upset?

Part of my employment includes a pension plan. I take a pay cut, as in a lower hourly rate, in exchange for a retirement account. What is the problem. Just because you, the company, did not invest money into my pension plan is not my fault.

As for only going to high school, your colledge educated ignorance reflects on your comments. I did not only graduate high school, I am also highly trained in my field with certifications that follow me ANYWHERE in the world, I want to work. Will your diploma do that?

Actually, I spent 9 years working for a company that gave me a dollar for dollar 401(k) up to 6 percent AND a pension plan.

Jealousy is a powerful thing. It will eat you up inside to the point of hatred. Say I argue, I don't care. Be careful about those paper cuts and pencil poits. They can be dangerous.

Compared to my place of employment, you work in a war zone. I only have to worry about my daily dose of ionizing radiation. We know how healthy a good dose of radiation is.

Be careful of those staplers too. They can hurt alot. Much more then a machining bit exploding on a machine and hitting someones head or a crane hook killing a fellow employee.

Way overpaid at $40,000/year. The nerve of us. I thik I will vote to eliminate the union. They are doing us bad. I just know it because a desk jockey and Quief told me so.

Tom

Latest posts