U.S. Census Bureau

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the GPS. Now they can get a fix on the cardboard boxes under the highway overpasses. Single family box or multiple like it will be in 2010.

What I hate is they mailed us a census to fill out, they called us EVERY single day two or three times a day! to see if we had mailed our forms back and if not, why not! It was really annoying, after they received it they called us, yet once again and reasked the same questions on the forms to make sure we had answered they correctly!:angry::angry::angry:

With the GPS. Now they can get a fix on the cardboard boxes under the highway overpasses. Single family box or multiple like it will be in 2010.

Actually, any type of "dwelling" MUST be counted. If there is a pile of trash where it looks like someone MAY live in that area, it is counted.

Tom

By 2010..I hope to save up enough to get myself one of those BIG WalMart shopping bags...that I can fold up and keep in my pocket...

..a "mobile home".. if you will..:D

Rose I hear ya...it makes you think the Census Bureau only hires ex-telemarketers at that time...cept for the ones that pay you a visit at your home..those are former bag boys with black ops experience..:lol:

Actually the Census people _are_ asking in depth questions, at least the ones that came to my parents' household, as they were "selected" for some sort of "short survey" which has led to multiple 3+ hour long visits to their house.

Actually the Census people _are_ asking in depth questions,

Maybe someone else, but not what Theresa's groups is doing and what they are instructed to be doing.

Tom

Yup, even before you responded, I realized I was wrong...

I didn't realize that it was actually mandated by the constitution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caymen, the first census by the U.S. government was in 1790. But censuses go back way further than that. According to Wikipedia, the first known one was done by the Babylonians in 3800 B.C.

Remember, it was basically a census which causes Mary and Joseph to be traveling to Bethlehem. (The modern-day Bethlehem Deparment of Tourism considers it the most fortuitous census ever. :lol: )

Actually, any type of "dwelling" MUST be counted. If there is a pile of trash where it looks like someone MAY live in that area, it is counted

Especially since ACORN is involved and the White House is overseeing it. A pile of trash in the inner city is a multi-family dwelling that will need it's own representative...:lol: