U-Haul Trailers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is U-Haul still banning rental of trailers to Explorers? Even when the problem was solve that it was a Firestone tire problem and was corrected?

Are the 2007+ Sport Tracs banned too? Even thou it has better towing and trailer sway control now so it would be rediculious for U-Haul ban these as well!

Also BTW - I just towed a huge Pontoon boat with ease!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now for Sport Trac owners, Ford should drop the "Explorer" badging or just rename it entirely! lol But I guess this isn't Ford's problem, this U-haul policy should have expired with the new current generation of explorers! Like c'mon now its been over 10 years I'm sure the improvements have exceeded the requirements!

Many have dropped / debadged the Explorer emblem from our ST's ourselves. Although I did mine for appearance reasons, it had allowed me to rent a U-haul trailer in the past. Model wise, I put down Sport Trac on the contract. No questions asked...

Yeah it was put in the lawsuit that explorers can't tow there trailers. I usually take my buddy's F250 to get the car trailer but then I'll return it with mine.:p:p:lol:

Wierd, I rented a Uhaul several years back, and all I had to do was buy some stupid adaptor, which I could keep, although it doesn't work on anything else. I didn't know ST's were banned from Uhaul.

Go to a private Uhaul dealer.. they don't care what you tow it with

The bigger problem, at least for me when I was looking for a trailer for my last trip, was i was headed out of state and preferred to haul a trailer one-way (back from MI to MN). I couldn't reserve a U-haul on-line and didn't want to get out there and hope that they would rent to me as I didn't have another vehicle that I could've picked the trailer up with. Also I wouldn't want to rent from them by doing the towing vehicle switch for 2 reasons, 1: I don't want to give them my business if they are not willing to rent to me w/ my vehicle, basically you're just saying its okay for them to ban our vehicles. 2. Signing their contract for the rental and towing it with a different vehicle could be bad news if the worst happens and you get into an accident with their trailer, I guarantee you'd lose in court.

Wouldnt it be easier and cheaper in the long run for us to just buy a trailer that would suit our needs?? Heck, if we have other ST friends in town, you could alwaysgo in on it as a joint purchase and share it. Just another option....

Sure it would Nik. You go first then forward it to me so I can load a couple of bikes and other things in it and when I'm done smoozing the Tail of the Dragon, you can have it back:D:banana:

Hey guys.....We have a comedian in the house!!!! Will you be here all week??? HAHA, my dad and I bought a used 5x8 trailer and fixed it up, still need to put rails on it though. I think we paid 300 total, not a bad 150ea investment.

Comedian??? I think not....(03/18/2009?) Ease up on yourself....

BTW... Do you know what this :)D) indicates????

By your posts, I assume you are rather young so I would hope so!!

Get a grip...Realx....

Funny you should ask that. I just saw a ST pulling a u-haul trailer today and was telling the wife the long story, I told her my guess was someone lied and said it was a ranger.

HHHHHMMMMMMMMMM...........a smiley face icon, what does it mean??? Hunger possibly? no, couldnt be, Humor, probably. Of course I know what it means, not sure what age has to do with it though. I was just joking in the first place, what about my posts indicates I am "young"?? mmmmmmmmmmmm, relaxing, mmmmmmmmmmmmm, getting a grip, mmmmmmmmmmm

Latest posts