Turning Circle

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles Haine

Reaction score
I'm pretty close to buying a Sport Trac and just wanted to confirm something I had seen online.

It seems like first generation STs have a much larger turning radius than 2nd generation: is that something anyone on here can confirm?

thanks

Charles Haine

Research and Reviews:

Compare Cars Side by Side

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had my 2003 since new and while I still have it because I like it a lot, I wish the turning radius was smaller. It wouldn't stop me from buying one, though....

:driving:

The turning circle on my '01 was pretty big. It would depend on how much you have a need for a tighter turn. I am in NYC where space can be tight at times and it was a pain in the ass making U turns. if you are in a more rural area with bigger streets, parking lots etc then you should be fine.

Charles,

Just my opinion ... I have an '01 [145k miles] as well as a '10 Adrenalin [8k miles] & I've never paid any attention to a diiference in their turning radius. So it must not be noticable, if any. Our son has an '05 [185k miles] & he drives our '10 too & I don't think he's ever made any mentioned of a difference either. I'll try to pay closer attention, maybe we haven't driven the '10 enough to notice.

Thanks folks; didn't realize how detailed cars.com got.

And, according to cars.com, the turning circle did shrink quit a bit for the 2nd generation (by 6 feet).

Much appreciated.

I have an '07 and I'm quite pleased with the turning radius. It surprised me the first time I turned it around.

I have an '07 and I'm quite pleased with the turning radius. It surprised me the first time I turned it around.

Sorry for the double-post. I put the wrong year in the first time. It's been corrected now.

Well, duh! Maybe I need to turm more often, huh? Having said that my '10 is only 11 months old to me and is used for trips so far, so lots of hwy miles: Spring Break, Braves games, vacation & Thunder on the Gulf.

I'll check it out though, sorry Charles!

OK.. I see...LOL

I was thinking radius. Like making a U-turn.

Last time I drove in a circle. 24yrs ago, when I used to get drunk...:bwahaha:

Latest posts