Turn signal Flasher issue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marsha Walker

Reaction score
Hello All,

I was wondering if I could get some comment on this issue. I recently ( about three weeks ago or so) had my recall done on the cruise control issue. Now for about the last week I have had my turn signals not function properly. It has been very cold here so I thought it was that but the odd thing is after the Trac has been running for awhile they seem to function fine. Like they are warming up? From what I have read on the website, some people have had the same issue and the problem has been in the tilt wheel. My question is this: Could the cruise control recall replacement have caused my issue? Could they have messed with a wire or something? Thoughts please? Thanks Marsha

I bet they moved the tilt when the did the work and stretched the wires.... Don't know if you could prove it, but i bet you thats what happened...

Tilt your wheel all the way UP and see if they work again properly..

Todd Z

Just checked it at lunch. Started the truck, with tilt in the up position, tried all lights including hazard flashers and they work fine. Put the tilt down to normal position while driving and they went to rapid flash or nothing at all. I called the Ford dealer and he said it probably wasnt related and that it would cost me $60 to replace/fix the wiring in the steering column. Guess the recall wasnt free after all. Does anybody know how to remove the steering wheel cover to access the wiring without deploying the airbag? I might try the fix myself. Thanks for the responses.

see here..

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=953753&sitename=mysporttrac

Thanks Todd,

Is there a trick to getting the shroud off? Any tools required? Should I try one side over the other etc.? Thanks for your help!

Latest posts