TSB for 07 V8 by Lil Red

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale McMurry

Reaction score
Thanks to Lil Red for his recent post on TSB 07-10-12. Took my 07 build date of April 06

to dealership this AM no questions ask or problems. The assistant shop manager ask me

to wail. Came back in 15 min with the ST and said it was ready. What a difference that

update made. The improvement in performance was fantastic on engine and transmission.

No lag on throttle by wire.:)

Cool, i'm happy to hear that you're as pleased with the results as I am and glad they did not give you a hard time with it. 15 minutes, wow i'm impressed......

Second day with mine. I LOVE IT!!!

My truck never ran better, and I never had a vehicle run so smooth. Airconditioner is better, and transmission shifts GREAT. Engine runs and accellerates like silk!

Throttle lag is nearly gone, and no more jerky low speed starts and questionable shifts.

THANKS Lil RED!

Red; I echo that. I know I said it before, but I can't thank you enough (though I won't send money). The firmware is noticeable immediately on startup.

IF ANYONE FROM FORD IS LISTENING, THIS OUGHT TO BE A RECALL. The difference is that noticeable, and it wasn't really that bad to start.

Ok, here is the real question and something those of you with the new flash may not have thought about: Has your gas mileage improved? It may be a bit early, but keep your eye on your gas usage/mileage since the flash. That may well end up being the best benefit out of the flash if the is a marked improvement.

No offense Scott, don't know, don't care. ST starts and drives better, and it already drove well. Also, couldn't tell you about the mpg thingy on the dash, TSB says more accurate, don't know, don't care. But that's just me.

I watch my mileage on my Corolla (42 mpg+). My ST is a Stylin Truck.

OK, so here's my question: Before I take Ghosty in for this TSB repair, should I remove Todd's TB and replace it with the stock one that came on the truck?

BT, I took mine in with Todd's modified throttle body on my Trac and got no grief at all. It looks just like the stock one so I sincerely doubt they will even notice it...... Go ahead and take it in with it on there.:)

Been having the same problems as all of the rest of you with transmission. I am finally taking mine to the dealer tomorrow.

How do I get to Lil Red's Library to print out a copy of the TSB to show my dealer to let him know what I expect them to do.

Thanks

Even if it is not, the TSB should be updated at the dealer.

by that, they normally do not change a TSB number when a TSB is or needs to be modified for the vehicle. They update the procedure at the dealer, not the number unless there is a modification that does not apply across the board to all the vehicles listed within the initial TSB release...

blksn8k, i'm not sure if it will ever become part of the factory package. Usually when it is the TSB will specify that it is for a vehicle manufactured after a stated date and this TSB does not.

Flyer, you are correct TSB 07-13-08 IS the latest and most recent flash that references 07 tranny issues. I have not taken my Trac in for that update and doubt I will because of how well it's running now.:)

Last edited by a moderator: