Truck Bed Tent

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh F

Reaction score
I have been looking at a camping tent that goes in the bed of a Sport Trac. Does anyone have one of these tents, or have any pervious experience with one?

Several members on here have an in-bed tent. If I remember correctly, they cost less than $100. Just wait a few moments and the replys and pics will follow I'm sure.

I just lately bought one of these locally for $600 (w/ac) used (below link), for my bike (ST1100) and am intrigued if they have one to fit the ST. Lots more room than an in-bed tent.

Now if I could just find a way to get this thing attached to my GSXR...Would get me there a lot quicker!!!!

Good luck...

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.napierenterprises.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=66&Itemid=60

The one above is now on sale and being discontinued...

Todd Z

if your under 6' tall it works fine.....

Todd Z

So what is it like sleeping on the ST bed in one of those? Compared to a tent on the ground? Do the ribs of the truckbed floor require an extra thick sleeping pad? Interested in this concept! Keeping a tent in the ST for camping or emergency shelter seems worthwhile.

Eltee I had 2 things, 1 was a padded mat with a thin plastic backing, the other was a cut piece of Masonite i would lay in there first..

Todd Z

i had one but i soldit to a toyota guy.... not good for 2 people no room i bought a cheep trailer for $500 i thought it would be a great idea but i got used one night andi slept in my st lololololo workg good if you are 5'5"and weigh 130 lbs lolol

You can also get a blow-up mattress that fits the bed (07) perfectly,,,,,,,,,and I am only 5'6", so can easily stretch out with room to spare. The wife and I recently slept in the ST with no problems,,,,,,,kinda cozy,ha ha. I keep the tent in the bed in the event of an emergency, like mentioned above, also,,,,,,,,,just handy to have, in case you want to pull over somewhere to get a nap on the road, or when going into the mountains, allows us to camp just about anywhere.

Josh,

My wife and I are both under 6', so we slept quite comfortably. You do need to add an air matress or something over the ribs. I have the Ford factory bed mat, but we still added an the air mattress for extra comfort. You actually have the full length of the bed + the tailgate, and the tent does a nice job of wrapping around the outside of the tailgate, so you have room for your feet, (or your head if so inclined). See more pics in my library.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts