transmission

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob mcarthur

Reaction score
i have a 2008 sport trac and transmission seems too be shifting rough and rough going into reverse at times is anyone else having this problem

thanks in advance

First item to check is trans fluid level. Not easy to do as the "dipstick" is built into a plug at psgr side of transmission. Search YouTube for DIY videos. How many miles on your Trac, and has transmission ever been serviced?

If it were my truck I'd do a full flush, then drop the trans pan, change filter, top up. Some might say wrong order, but to me doing that way protects a new filter from contamination. For sure it's a messy DIY job, but if you shop around you might get a reasonable price. Check out AMSOIL fluid choices on my website.

OUCH,

Thats the issue..

Todd Z

Members here that report in with 100K, 200K or more on their Tracs have one thing in common: They've taken care of their cars by doing more services than recommended, especially with transmissions. ATF is complex fluid because it has to do multiple things - cool, lubricate, transfer power. The better shape it's in, the better job your transmission does with long life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought this was a very cool machine. Has no power and uses the vehicles own transmission pump to replace the fluid. I requested NO cleaners or additives be used.

Local dealer did the complete service including 20 QUARTS of Motorcraft Mercon V, filter, and gasket for $199. Would have paid that for fluid and parts alone, let them do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts