Transmission update and issues...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor CAD

Reaction score
Finally have the Trac back. Two full weeks at the transmission shop. It seems fine, shifts are nice and firm again. Here is the list from the invoice:

Torque Converter $310.00

Master Kit $392.98

Filter $24.88

Fluid $52.16

Front Band $36.44

Intermediate band $36.44

OD Servo $58.90

Intermediate Servo $44.12

EPC $159.62

Input Sensor $32.20

Bell Housing $388.40

Parts Total $1536.24

Labor 14.1 @ $52.00 $733.20

Tax $107.54

Grand Total $2429.14

While the Trac was in the shop, it also got robbed. :angry: Lost a radar detector and a good flashlight and a bunch of change and some leather gloves and a fire extinguisher and a cassette to Ipod adapter and my GPS mount.

Oh well...On the road again at least.

Glad the truck is fixed, Sucks about the theft..... did they leave it unlocked ???? In ny then it is their fault..... IF they locked it and it was broken into then no...

Sorry man..

Todd Z

You are lucky on labour. In our part of the world all garages ( dealers to small shops ) charge between $100.00 and $120.00 per hour for labour.

The bell housing has a pressed-in bearing that was bound up. The tranny shop said that they would need to send it out to a specialty shop and pay almost as much to have it pressed out and re-machined for a different bearing. He also said that the price was triple what the last one he bought cost.

The labor is just about right in these parts. Your $120 is because of the extra " U" you put into that word :grin:.

Yes, Ford would have given me a crate transmission installed for $2800, but the warranty company wouldn't pay for that, only the parts. Not my money or my decision.

Labour is the correct "Canadian" spelling of that word and I believe all shops here are good ripoff artists. They do not pay their staff that well. Too many compay vehicles that drivers do not question rates

Went back to the transmission shop to discuss the break-in. He tells me that he never locks vehicles inside his fenced and razor wired lot because the thief will break windows. The police and him took out 11 of them last year and mine is the first break-in since that. Not the best part of Greenwood... He also told me that he finds scraps of carpet thrown over the razor wire for easy climbing, but sometimes they take nothing.

Anyhow, the police checked my list of missing items, dusted for prints and will file a report.

The shop owner told me that my 12 month service will be free to make up for my $70 loss. Nice.

Latest posts