Transmission Service Helpful

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Hale

Reaction score
I've got the ST in for the transmission service. I mentioned to the service rep. that I had noted some minimal changes in the shifting and he commented that it wouldn't be helped by the service. I recall others commenting on how they could perceive a difference in their vehicle following this preventive service. Comments? I'm also hoping to get lucky and have them reproduce the hard start issue (fuel pump) while they have it in for service.

How many miles on the st??... He may be "hinting" to you that there may be a tranny problem.....

Unfortunately they will not adjust the EPC to increase the tranny pressures to tighten it up a little....

Todd Z

Teasip,

If you are experiencing the 2-3 upshift surge, you probably will not notice any improvement. That problem appears to be related to the valve body and electric servos.

It may also be his way of saying that he can't guarantee any improvements.

Many people do experience better shifting after a transmission flush or fluid change, and some people don't see any difference. I never detected any problems with my transmission on my 2001 Spot Trac, but after getting a flush done, I immediately noticed much chrisper shifts and better acceleration off the line.

...Rich

They haven't done anything to it yet since I just dropped it off this afternoon but I did specifically state this included flushing the system, changing the fluid AND the filter. He said yes ($140). Frankly, if the transmission does goes, and since I have the ESP, I don't want them coming back at me and saying that it failed due to lack of maintenance. I have right at 50,000 miles but I had tranny work done on it near/around 20,000 and so the fluid would have been changed at that time. Richard, it does seem to be a slight delay between 2 and 3 as best I can tell.

Latest posts