Transmission line fitting size?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TowTrac

Reaction score
Quick question, I going to add another Tranny cooler.

Can anyone tell me the size of the transmission line fitting used?

I'll probably replace or add onto the existing fittings by the stock cooler

John,

The stock cooler runs a 3/8 hose.....

The trucks lines are 3/8, and it is simple as can be, Let me know If you need any help...

You can do it all with transmission line or High pressure Fuel injection hose and clamps.

Todd Z

Thanks again Todd,

I plan on installing a B&M with fan soon. I comfortable with lines and hoses, it's the mounting and bracketing and trying to fit my hands into the bumper with tools thats difficult.

I'm looking for " T " line connector so I can brach off the existing cooler. Do you know where to buy any?

DO not branch off the cooler, IT will not flow correctly...

The bracket lined right up on the 8mm head bolts to mount it, and the little extra bracket was a simple 1/2 inch wide by about 4 inch line piece of metal...

Take the rubber hose that is drivers side of the factory cooler and the drivers side of the bottom steel line of the truck line and off the cooler. Then run from the METAL line on the truck to the top of the B&M and then take the b&M and loop it to the factory cooler.

This way BOTH coolers receive 100% flow and they work the way it is designed to. The T fitting will not get the right amount of flow to the cooler.

My fan still has not come on yet..

Todd Z

Latest posts