Trans issues?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When driving between 25 and 40 MPH getting some hesitation from tranny but at 50+ it rides fine.What do you think is causing this?Thanks for all help in advance.

Based on my experience with two Gen2 Tracs, I'd say it's the transmission control software. Consider paying a Ford dealership to flash your control module to latest program. How many miles on your Trac, and is the fluid at correct level and serviceable?

It may be that a software update could compensate for a hardware problem (servos, bands, etc.) or firmware (the PROMs or EPROMS, etc., that may be faulty), but software doesn't wear and I don't understand how the software itself can be the culprit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the gear "hunting" issue on my V6 and the "bump" issue on the V8. Having dealership flashing both to most current programs solved them. Thought it was worth the cost.

Wow, torque converter at 58K. You're out of drivetrain warranty, but you might ask for some goodwill assistance.

Last edited by a moderator: