tranny/ac problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Connolly

Reaction score
My 07 sporttrac has been reving up when the a/c is turned on. It is weird. The rpm's go way up when accelarating when the a/c is on. When it is off, no prob. It is a 6 cyl 5 speed. Anyone have any similar problems?

Thanks

When the A/C is turned on the idle up control valve causes this. It is normal because the A/C is run off the motor so in order to run the A/C compressor it will rev the motor about 300rpm more. I am pretty sure this is what you are referring to. I could be wrong, but this sounds like it. Anybody else want to chime in on this?

This just seems to be way too high of an idle. It happens only sometimes. Not constant. Don's know if it is a radiator problem or a vacum problem. It is weird. I remember when she was brand new it would do it from time to time, but now it is much more frequent.

Clean the TB, MAF and IAC

Todd Z

TB= Throttle Body, MAF= Mass Air Sensor, IAC= Idle Air Control Motor :driving:

I know you can find projects for the IAC and TB in the Projects section.

WHat exactly is your issue? In one post the way you have it written it sounds as if when you are accelerating (stepping on the gas) that the rpms go up but the vehicle doesn't seem to be moving like it should but in another post it sounds as if you are having an idle issue...I'm confused. If it is an idle issue how high is it idling according to the tach?

It is when the ac is on and i put my foot on the gas whether driving or parked the motor revs up. It is hard to explain I guess. When driving I accellarate but the car does not respond properly. It reves up but does not go forward as quickly as it should. When the a/c is turned off it responds properly without the loud "over rev" sound and non responsivness.

Todd I will check the projects

Thanks

The explanation I hear. Makes me think, firmware glitche, in the ECU. The '07 switched from mechanical throttle, to electronic. Try reseting the ECU. Disconect neg battery terminal. Drain any residual power, by steping on the brake. Wait 10 minutes and reconnect battery.

Latest posts