Trailer Rental

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Chase

Reaction score
I need to move some furniture back from Posen, Michigan in about a month to Twin Cities, MN. I'd like to hopefually just tow an enclosed trailer one way (save on gas a little bit). I was planning on using a buddy's trailer, but he sold it this weekend. I checked w/ U-haul, but of course on-line it says they will not rent one out for a Sport Trac. Does anyone else know of a good company to rent an enclosed trailer from?

wonder what there main reason for that is? i'm in the furniture restoration business and pull an 5x8 enclosed trailer all the time with my '02 trac. also have a motorcycle trailer i pull two bikes with, and have never had a problem.

dutch

i have heard that independent stores will not have the same restriction if not find another rental company. the funny thing is my trac has a uhaul hitch on it, so they will sell you a hitch but not let you tow anything!

U-Haul should die a slow horrible death, or a fast even more horrible death.

Any company stupid enough to NOT rent trailers to people that drive the #1 selling SUV in the U.S. because they have a high number of roll-over incidents is just plain stupid. Clearly the reason they had such a high incident rate is not because of the Explorer but because of the fact that there were more Explorers on the road than other SUVs.

Blame the driver, not the vehicle.

Explorers don't roll over, people make Explorers roll over.

TJR

Yeah, when I rent a car trailer from uhaul I would get my buddys F250 and swap out trucks at home. My ST pulls the trailer way better than his 250 that is built for towing.

I've picked up a U-Haul trailer with my brother's F-150, then hook it up to my Sport Trac at home. The best part is returning it to U-Haul with the Sport Trac.

I agree with TJR, I hope U-haul goes out of business over this BS... :angry:

In any case, For this specific reason, I dont use U-haul anymore.. For any rentals.

I take my business to the independent guys and never get any hassle, and they always appreciate the business. Try looking in your local phone book, and give a local rental company a call. (Most local independednt companies wont allow one way rentals, so you would probably have to rent it at home, tow the empty trailer there, and drive it back)

This has been going on for yrs with U-haul.

Are plenty of places that rent trailers, like penske, U.S rents.

Got one at US rents last time I moved my kids stuff, No issues.

Rented a car trailer last weekend to go to Birmingham towed by my RV, but returned the trailer with my sport trac and the U-haul manager unhooked the trailer w/o noticing it was an Explorer ST. So, I agree remove or place a masking tape over the Explorer badges.:banana:

They told me that it started whenever they had all the problems with Firestone tires coming apart. So since we have "Explorers" we be screwed by uhaul.:wacko:

Same here. I hate hate HATE UHAUL. I have heard nothing but horror stories from people who used them for one way rentals. I moved from MA to MS and back again using a Penske 16ft truck and trailer to haul my 96 Explorer. They had great customer service and great prices. :banana:

I checked on-line and US rents doesn't appear to be in the upper midwest (I could only find MO). Penske appears to only have trucks. I might have to check w/ smaller local places out of the phone book. Does anyone know of any other national chain that I might have overlooked?

Latest posts