Trailer Rental Options

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cory Richards

Reaction score
I am planning a move from Charlottesville, VA to Scottsdale, AZ in the next few months. Since U-Haul does not rent to Explorers/Sport Tracs, what are some of my other options as far as trailer rentals? Any other companies to look into?

I don't have a lot of stuff to move, but I don't think I can fit it all in the ST. And having someone move it for me will be very expensive, so I'm kind of stuck here...

Any suggestions?

I think Ryder has trailers.

Another option is if you have a traveling companion to rent a UHaul truck/van and pay a little more, and drive it and the ST out to Az (much more costly with double+ the gas).

Or as Gavin said below, pull the ST on a dolly/trailer (also rented) behind the rental truck/van.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it is not right, and your not covered, But rent it from u-haul, pick it up with a friends truck and switch the trailer to your truck.....

I have done that and returned it with my st, if you drop it off after their closed, you will never be seen....

Todd Z

Todd Z,

What happens if the return lot in AZ is fenced (say because it's in a bad hood)...would Cory be SOL, what with being in a new state and city sans friends and only with the ST to return the trailer?

Or do you think that UHaul wouldn't press the issue at that point since they get the trailer back without issue?

TJR

You say you dont have much just buy a small trailer use it and resell it. You can find the 1/2 ton p/u typ for about 200.00 in good shape good luck. Bill

I would have to agree with Todd on this one. When you return the trailer if they say anything you could just say the original truck broke down etc. I think if they get the trailer back in fine condition they wouldn't press the issue.

shhh!!!!

1f7144906acca05ea92cdf2578a4462b.jpg

b7db819d1bab2b552238902814b19d3a.jpg

first one i picked up in my dad's Dodge Ram, and they didn't say anything when i dropped it off in the trac

second my buddy used it to bring a full size bronco over to my place and then i used it to pick up a ranger cab

Scott-- that is very irresponsible to post dangerous pictures like that! That thing could roll over and expode with a U-haul hooked to it. :lol:

Seriously, the worst shame is that someone did business with U-Haul and gave them money. :angry:

i think the biggest bullshit is that its all because of Firestone

you wanna ban something, ban vehicles still riding on them, my trac didn't even have Firestone tires on it when i bought it

Latest posts