Traded It In!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor CAD

Reaction score
A big thanks to all on this forum for all your help and enjoyment while I owned the Trac. Just time for a change. I've driven gas-guzzeler trucks since 1992 and decided it was time to remedy that...so...

I bought a 2014 Ford (of course) Fusion Hybrid. Got the SE loaded up, they didn't offer the Titanium in the color choice I wanted. Its a big change and I hope I don't regret not having some kind of bed behind me.

One thing I know I wont regret is the 47 mpg that it gets. While that may be an overly agressive MPG number, I have already seen 44.4 on my ride to work in the morning. That beats the heck out of my Trac's 19.6.

Speaking of that, I have kept record of my actual miles vs. actual gasoline with an OBD2 reader and the HOBDrive app. I have been recording since I got my last phone, not really sure of dates, but it seems like about 6 months of driving. I traveled 4838.0 miles and used 246.8 gallons of gasoline to give a grand total of 19.6MPG. My Trac was a 2 wheel drive XLT Premium with 112,500 miles. I took off the roof bars and took out the bed extender, kept my tires at around 35 psi and used Torries 87 towing tune. Never lacked for power and I loved the way it shifted.

I already emailed Torrie about selling the X Cal but he hinted at a tune available for the hybrid, so I may hold on to it a bit longer to see if it happens. I will need to take a long look around my garage to see what parts I will be selling.

A great forum and I will still be reading (heck, I still read the Escape forum and I haven't had that since 2005).

Did the same thing last Friday. Trac had 211000 miles with timing chain guide issues. Still ran good but noisy. Cost of repairs was more than I wanted to spend. Traded it in on a 2000 Miata with 50000 miles on it. Will miss the benefits of having a truck but the gas mileage and fun factor will make the loss more tolerable.

Latest posts