traction bars

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a need for them?

Are you have problems with axle wrap up? Or wheel hop On burnout take offs'?

If not you dont need them.

Even with all my performance. I dont need them.

i am sure they would help somewhat with being more stable and better braking, it would stop the truck from nose diving ya know. i have 1 year old monroe sensatracs and brand new sway bar end links and bushings front and rear, also i have the extra helper half spring in the rear. just looking for a little more is all. not a bad idea for 100.00 ya know. just another item is all. my truck handles great but i know i still need to purchase the rear swaybar upgrade. just a thought is all. thanks mysporttrac.com

Traction bars in some cases might have the side effect of helping nose dive. But dont count on it.

Put monroe reflex or rancho 5000 shocks on the front. That will work.

I have the rancho rsx(out of production) equivlent to the monroe reflex. No more nose dive.

i already installed these ez 550 http://www.hellwigproducts.com/products/load-control/medium-duty-helper-springs/

they seemed to stiffen up the rear some. plus helps with bigger loads. fast and easy upgrade, if i remeber they were between 50-100 bucks.

i also just noticed that hellwig makes a swaybar for our st http://www.hellwigproducts.com/products/sway-control/truck-suv-sway-bars/

might be something to look into. price comparison with the site sponsors one.

My sujestion for you is to go with the reflex front shocks. They will stop 80% of nose dive when braking and cornering.

The other would be the roadmaster kit for the rear if you do towing.

i dont do any towing, lol i dunno i guess i am just looking to spend some money on her is all and was looking for some ideas on things. and what we talked about is what i was thinking. how much is the upgraded sway bar? and who makes them now? thanks everyone.

Our sponsor Zabteck can get the front and rear upgraded swaybars.

A front bar will not stop nose dive on wheels straight stops. It will help with nose dives in turns.

Do not upgrade front swaybar without the rear one first.

What size are the ones on the V8 exp and mounties. The front OEM on our 2wd tracs is 1 1/8". OUR rear OEM is 5/8".

If they are only 1/8" larger. IMO not worth the time and labor Unless they are free.

I have the 1" on the rear and oem on the front. The shocks I have stopped 80% of my nose dive. The upgraded rear bar has satisfied me well enough for spirited cornering. Someday I might buy the front bar.

gotcha, what is the model # for the rear?

I dont know. you might try a search for other Addco distributors. But if you can. The sponsors keep this site free from membership fee's.

Addco #633. Don't think you will beat Zabteck's price w/ free shipping. Must weigh around 20 lbs.

Traction bars for a Ranger or Bronco II will not work because they are sprung-over while a Sport Trac is sprung-under. The only traction bars AFAIK are the V8 Explorer units.