TPS units

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Byars

Reaction score
I have a set of wheels off of a 2002 Nissan Titan pickup that have TPS units on them. Can I put these on a new set of AR chrome wheels and install them on my 2010 ST and have them work?????

If so what is the procedure for doing so. Also how can I check these and see if they are in working condition????

Thanks

Bill

If you have a aftermarket TPMS, then you should be able to swap. You can not switch a System from one make of car to another make of car(ie, Nissan to Ford). Thats like using your house key to start your ST, it doesn't work, I drunkenly tried.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I get some from a salvage, will any Ford TPS units work with the 2010 ST, or would they have to be specific? Also how do you test them to see if they are good?

Test the units... Make buddies with your ford dealer and maybe he will loan you his tool. A hand held scanner that tells him if they are sending a signal very handy for finding bad units. In the STA it just shows low tire pressure and you get to guess. In other brand X cheap cars tells you what tire and the psi

Latest posts