TPMS driving me crazy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Hardy

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
2007 Sport Trac V8
Truck is 16 years old and the TPMS tire sensors are original. The bell alarm started ringing and the dash light began flashing on a regular basis to indicate a tire pressure anomaly. Resetting the system quieted the bell and later the light would quit flashing; then go off. After numerous occurrences, I had my local Discount Tire replace all of the tire sensors and pair the new sensors to the computer. But the same problem reoccurs every time I get on the highway. A check of tire pressures show right at 36 psi. Discount Tire said they will install another brand of sensors at no charge.
Can the computer psi ranges be checked and changed in the computer?
Anyone else have TPMS issues like this?
Thanks in advance,
Fred Hardy

Did you go back to Discount and ask them to inspect it? It could be bad parts from them. If they say you should by Ford parts, then ask them why they didn't put in Ford parts.

They probably installed the wrong frequency or didn't program properly.... I run Autell dual frequency valve stem style. No issues on any of my 3 gen 2 trucks.

Latest posts