Toy Hauler

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 58702

Reaction score
Just wanted to share some new pics I posted...

I LOVE my ToyHauler!! :D[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Awesome toys!

I have to cringe a little when I see a bike setting on the tailgate though. I just replaced the tailgate cables on my 02 Ranger. It only has 52K miles and one of the cables was frayed to the point of having cut through the plastic coating. I feel lucky that it didn't snap when I was loading a 428 SCJ shortblock. Myself and two other guys lifted it onto the tailgate a slid it into the bed. I didn't notice the frayed cable until a few days later. :(

Logged about 3,800 miles towing the bikes from Washington DC to Santa Fe, N.M.

3 guys - 3 bikes - 1 truck = Nervana!

The truck did great and I shared the fear of the Duc on the tailgate, but things went smoothly! :lol:

blksn8k,

At one of the ATL meets myself and another guy sat on my tailgate. I come in at 270lbs, and both of us combined was near or over 500lbs, sitting on the tailgate alone, not in the bed at all. The tailgate sat fine and I have no fear sitting, jumping, etc, on my tailgate.

Very nice, I've got a "Toy Hauler" too! :D

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

The mural on the other side, which I don't have good picture handy, has all of our bikes on it.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Really nice.. PC, what type of trailer is that? I'm shopping around for a nice one. Would prefer an enclosed for my two bikes, but will settle for an open one if the price is right.

Thanks.

Price was GREAT!

Got it from a guy in S.C. who makes them. It is a GREAT trailer and folds up nicely in the garage. Here is a pic of it stored.[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

At one of the ATL meets myself and another guy sat on my tailgate. I come in at 270lbs, and both of us combined was near or over 500lbs, sitting on the tailgate alone, not in the bed at all. The tailgate sat fine and I have no fear sitting, jumping, etc, on my tailgate.

Not saying they won't support that kind of weight. But I would be careful when hauling anything heavy and expensive, especially once the cables have a few years of use on them. Mine were five years old and had also survived several loadings of a 500 lb Yamaha Wolverine. Just glad they didn't let go when I was riding the ATV up the ramp. :blink:

I also had the cables snap on a 1980 full size Bronco when a couple of my bigger relatives were setting on it. Dented the crap out of the stainless trim when it hit the bumper. :(

Latest posts