tow hooks or loops

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Gearhart

Reaction score
What would most people put on there S/T real tow hooks or tow loop looking things? Iam thinking i want real tow HOOKS on mine. Also what is the best 2" reciever hitch to put on a S/T? I need to tow my tent trailer soon. And any thoughts on fog lights? what kind and how to install? Thanks for all your replys, they all help

Tow loops are stronger than tow hooks. The OEM tow loops are loops. I am sure members here have some for sale if you post that you want a set.

There are many hitches out there. The key is getting the right capability. Class III is the normal hitch installed. I have a hidden hitch that has worked flawless for me. Never loosened up from the first day I installed it and I towed my jet ski's many miles for three years...

Right, loops are stronger. If you REALLY want tow hooks and will use them as hooks, bend a piece of metal behind it to hold the chain/strap/hook onto the truck's tow hook, like this:

4fa038bf6c0be59879feb91e55a41319.jpg

Also tow straps with loops are a lot safer than ones with hooks.

Also what is the best 2" reciever hitch to put on a S/T?

Don't know which is best but I have the Hidden hitch on mine, in back, for towing my popup. On the front I went with Draw-tite for carrying our bicycles.

Hooks, without a doubt. Using tow straps and loops is not always possible, hooks just seem to be more functional. And listen to JohnnyO's suggestion.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts