Torque converter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for a torque converter for my ST . Does anyone know a good one for the 4.6 , 6speed auto . I drive more aggressively . Any help would be appreciated because I don't know anything about torque converters lol

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j5JFMs8gdbs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
A higher stall is better for acceleration off the line..... The Gen2 stock converter is great....

I bet your feeling the crappy computer ramp in the throttle does and the crazy high first gear the gen2 has.....

Do you have a tuner and other goodies??

Todd Z

I have a K&N intake and a Gibson swept side exhaust . I'm looking at the bully dog gt triple dog programmer since after I put the intake and exhaust on it it's now running lean lol.. It's only in 5th and 6th gear that it bucks and if I'm going 40mph and it shifts into OD and I try to accelerate it bucks and then eventually down shifts . I don't get it . :angry:

Trevor you might try Level 10 Transmissions. They do custom, performance work on auto transmissions and do carry whole transmissions,TCs for the 5R55E not sure about your model 2007 V8. I believe they are in NJ.

They don't show anything for the 6R60 :(.. But I've done a little reading and the symptoms sounds similar to a bad "lock up solenoid " where ever that is located lol.. It's impossible to find anything performance wise for my truck . I can't even find aftermarket body pieces . It's frustrating to say the least

The sport trac is not a vehicle heavily modded or customized..... Not much is out there...

I got the adrenalin for this reason

Todd Z

I was looking at the adrenaline but for what I paid for my truck it was a steal .. So I'm gonna try to make due with what I have lol . Does suck tho that they don't make many mods for my truck

Trevor, before you drop big bucks on trans parts you might consider having your transmission program updated at a Ford dealership. If the transmission's not performing as you think it should that could be the reason. You should be able to get this done for no more than an hour of shop time, or maybe no charge at all. I had this done on my previous Gen2 V6 and it solved the issue.

Latest posts