Too Lean

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Capps

Reaction score
Im getting the same 2 codes that translate to 1) Right Bank too lean 2) Left bank to lean. I would think it was teh O2 if it were one side or the other, but its both banks at the same time. At high RPM's sush as passing another vehicle teh check engine light BLINKS if you back off it quits, im afraid im gonna lean out the motor and blow it. It sounded liek a Fuel Pressure Regulator, but i called ford and they said the Trac doesnt have a Fuel Pressure Regulator? Any ideas???????????????????????????????:angry::eek::angry::(:(:angry::(

Nobleman, Ford wants like 100 + bucks for it, You can use a piece of hose or a pcv elbow from the parts store, Cost about $.75

Todd Z

Rusty does have it for like $28.00 But as mentioned, take your off, go to your local auto parts store and get something close. Several have paid $6.00 or less for an elbow. Most mention it id for a Doge product.

Billm..If you have an '01 job 1, it wont have the elbow...job 1 has the oil filler on the driver side...

You have a vaccum leak. It could be the little plastic elbow as previously stated or some other vaccum hose leak. It could be a leaking intake manifold. The intake is plastic and prone to leaking and cracking.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
That explains why I couldn't find the silly thing either, Billm506... :eek:

I just thought I had my refreshments out of order or something..

Drink some Rum, look for the elbow.. Drink some more Rum, look for the elbow some more.

Give up and drink some more Rum.... :wub:

Latest posts