Tonneau striker reinforcement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncan Kimbro

Reaction score
Hello all. I just bought a 2003 ST this week (so I'm a new member to the site) and was lucky enough to pick up an OEM tonneau cover from Craigslist today. It doesn't have the strikers, and I found them on the fordparts.com site for about $18 each. However, the parts diagram also shows a "Striker Reinforcement" that looks like a steel plate with three holes to match the holes in the bed. I'm assuming I also need four of the "Striker Reinforcements" as well as the strikers themselves. Can anyone confirm this?

By the way...I love this site and really appreciate what everyone has posted for tips, tricks and fixes.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're talking about the parts that bolt to the bed, I would assume the "reinforcement" is the part behind the bed side wall. Post a photo or link to the parts diagram you're looking at.

These are the strikers and bolts

81319e4b04485d4bc4a8a938f1385042.jpg

This is what's behind the bed wall to bolt the strikers to.

fd05199259a8a1ca3ddf1970323bec14.jpg

If it's the 286B56 then it's already on the bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's it in your second photo. Thanks Steve! That saved me about $60 and untold frustration. The diagram feature on Ford's parts website is handy, but it isn't perfect, and you can't tell that the reinforcing brackets are behind the bed shell.

In case anyone's interested, the link to the list is included. If you install the Internet Explorer add-on, you can see the digrams.

Latest posts