• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Tonneau lock cover 402A36

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomlaw

Reaction score
2010 Explorer SportTrac Adrenalin with factory two fold tonneau cover. Need cab side rubber lock cover. Ford says obsolete. Part number is 402A36.

Lots of parts are coming up obsolete for the Sport Tracs these days. Had a hard time finding an alternator last summer and last month the Smart Junction Box was very hard to find.

Advance Auto had several alternators to choose from when I recently replaced the one on my 2002.
Thanks. I had a parts guy I know find one for me last summer. He said it was the last one available in NYC.

One of the biggest reasons I sold my 2008 Adrenalin was parts. I was told that if you have a wreck and damage any of the Adrenalin specific body parts, forget finding parts short of looking for used ones. Sorry, at age 67, not going to risk that and the bother of that. I loved that truck so much but there does come a time when you have to cut and run or put up with having a vehicle that is useless because of parts not being made. My risk tolerance was just not there for these vehicles. I ended up selling my 2008 Sport Trac and my 2016 Fusion and took the cash to buy a Lincoln Corsair GT and have loved every minute of the new vehicle. Such a treat. Covered for 5 years warranty and all maintenance covered too.

I understand what you are saying. Same kinda situation here. I am going to retire in 2 years and don't want the headache of trying to find parts.

Lots of parts are coming up obsolete for the Sport Tracs these days. Had a hard time finding an alternator last summer and last month the Smart Junction Box was very hard to find.
It took me 3 months to find a Smart Junction Box and apparently there were only 4 new ones for 2007 6 Cyl 2WD Sport Tracs in the U.S. I lucked into one. The guys who program the car components here won't program a used smart junction box.

It took me 3 months to find a Smart Junction Box and apparently there were only 4 new ones for 2007 6 Cyl 2WD Sport Tracs in the U.S. I lucked into one. The guys who program the car components here won't program a used smart junction box.
I believe you. I couldn't find one anywhere in the USA.

Latest posts