tonneau cover hardware

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
since they totaled my ST, I want to get the tonneau cover hardware from the bed and the bed extender hardware too(since I still have the cover and extender in my garage) . what all do I need to take from the bed box? What does not come on a ST that does not have the cover. I want to be able to mount it if I end up getting one that doesn't have a cover or if I sell it, it seems people are looking for the hardware too. Is it difficult to remove? any special tools? I only have a short time to access the truck before the salvage people get it.

thanks for any help or links to a list of parts that I should remove.

There are four brackets in the corners that are held in with metric hex-head bolts. Don't recall the the size but it is common and smaller then 10mm.

And the cover itself of course...

8mm and the torx t-45 for the extender I believe

Todd Z

So I got the 4 corner locking brackets(and screws) and the 2 posts for the extender (also the 4 plastic hole grommets). When I got home I noticed the center latch on the cover. Was there something on the truck that I needed to remove for that or do all ST's have a place for the center latch already?

We should get a nuts and bolts reference page going. Front shock bolts are M7-30MM.

A brand new one that came with the KYB's broke. They were class 4.8 so I got a set of class 8.8 at Lowes as a temp replacement until I can find some stainless ones.

Man, it sounds ugly when the bottom of your shock is unfastened.

Latest posts