Todd Z

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chad keene

Reaction score
I ran across your post on the pcv and tb coolant bypass, I was wondering if you had any pics of that, and how that worked out for you, thanks.

Hey Chad. I don't have any pictures but I went through two winters without a problem and the trucks running perfectly fine. to me it just seems like unnecessary. parts of the engine that were not needed around here by me and we had a very severe winter where I needed the truck every day. I can try to take a picture under the hood but it was pretty simple. I just looped the one hose on the passenger side from one of the pipes to the other just cutting it to length and clamping it back on and then just removing all the junk off the engine.

Todd Z

Thanks, I noticed the earlier 4.0 sohc didn't use a heated pcv, it only began on the Job 2 I believe. I noticed one side of the pcv loop hose goes to a T on the heater hose, the other I am not sure. Yeah a picture would help if you don't mind thanks.

i will take one tonight.

Hope this helps. I took that hose from the heater. Cut it shorter and connected to the pipe under the upper rad hose.

Todd z [Broken External Image]:

Chad the PCV heating line I just completely removed off the PCV valve bent the hose and took it all out and threw it away. the two hoses that go to the throttlebody I just removed and capped the ends with little tiny rubber caps. there's no pressures or anything on them once you remove all the hoses.

Todd Z

Latest posts