To my "Metal-headed" fellow members...(heavy metal music)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn stonbraker 2

Reaction score
Just for other "Metal-heads" on the site here, I have a few new CD's out there for ya. I just picked up Disturbed "Indestructable" and Metallica's "Death Magnetic". Both are worth every penny. If you are a fan of old Metallica, be sure and pick it up. It's a cross of old Metallica and New. They even brought back Kirk's blistering Guitar solos and even have an instrumental song. They're back!!! Disturbed is good also. It's a darker writing style than before, but it's still status quo. Well worth the listen.

I have a girl from work who is getting me a copy of Slipknot's new one. I heard the songs on Octane 20 (Sirius Radio) a couple of weekends ago. It sounded pretty good.

Been a good couple weeks for me as far as music goes. Nice to see some of the older bands putting out some quality music again.;)

Second the Metallica motion. Picked it up last night and have probably listened to it 5 times already. It rocks. I'll be sure to check out the new Disturbed cd as well. The new Children of Bodem is quite good aswell. Still trying to get my hands on some Metallica and Lamb of God tickets.

I woulda gotten Death Magnetic, but all the store had at the time was the $40 special edition one.

Based on the single from Slipknot's new one, I think I'm gonna like it, sounds more like old 'knot then the new.

I usually listen to a fair amount of underground/lesser known bands then major label bands, but that's because for a while there, none of the major labels were producing anything worth buying, looks like that age might be drawing to a close.

I am way past Metallica and am really not willing to give them another chance. Honestly, I'm just really sick of hearing them. It's great that they put out something new but I'm not really interested.

If you are into heavy music then check out the new Soulfly album Conquer. This is an amazing album. It is much different than some of their older stuff. There's not a whole lot of tribal stuff going on as is on their older stuff. It's similar to their Dark Ages album and Arise by Sepultura. I just got my tickets to see them in November and can't wait. These guys put on an incredible show.

The new Slipknot is pretty good. I loved their first album but thought everything after that was noisy garbage. If you're hoping the new album is as good as the first, don't. It is really good, but in my opinion nothing can touch the raw aggressiveness of their first. I also feel I must warn you there is a lot of singing on the album, and I think his voice is awesome. It is heavy though and I think a lot of the songs are well written. I have the version with 3 bonus songs on it and I think Sulfur, Butcher's Hook and Child of Burning Time are the highlights of the new album. Definitely worth picking up in my opinion.

Tiger,just for the record I don't think any major labels have put out anything worth buying in years.

And if you are into some lesser known bands check out Misery Signal's album Controller, 36 Crazyfists album The Tide and It's Takers, Embrace the End's album Ley Lines, The Cavalerea Conspiracy and Bloodsimple's album Red Harvest. If you want you can email me and I can send you some mp3's.

By the way- if anyone has heard the new All That Remains I'd be interested to know how that is. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new Metallica Album is good, but not great. I give it a C+.

Compared to St. Anger, Death Magnetic is a work of art. Compared to And Justice for all... or Master of Puppets, it is mediocre at best.

Tom

Been looking for some new rock/metal for some time, but haven't really found anything new. I already have Disturbed and Metallica and would have to agree that both are quite good. Metallica's album was a pleasant surprise after St. Anger, but not even close to the glory that is the Black Album. I have over 10000 songs and I still get bored with my selection. I usually get 5 or so new CDs a week just to keep things interesting. My most recent additions are Soulfly - Conquer, Taproot - Our Long Road Home, Scars On Broadway - ST, Dope's discography, and many more. All are mp3's, so if anyone wants anything, let me know. None of my friends like rock or metal, so I never get to talk about it with anyone or really ever go to concerts. Luckily I was able to convince someone to go with me to Sevendust recently and it was f'ing amazing. By far my favorite band.

Caymen, you couldn't be more correct. Compared to St. Anger, a dog fart would sound like Beethoven. I have no idea what the hell they were thinking with that one. In no way am I every going to say that a new album put out today is better than the music they put out Pre-'90's. That's apples and oranges. You can hear sounds from both pre and post-90's though in this work. I think it meshes very well.

Jason, I like the guitarist for Soulfly, but I can't stand the whiny sounding singer they have. I think if she sang more than trying to sound like she's whining about her life, it'd come across better with me. Been a Bloodsimple fan for awhile now and "Deadman Walking" kicks a**.

I too think that the major labels have been slipping as of late. They expect to be able to sell absolute garbage to the deaf masses out there and still make a profit. These past couple weeks have shown that there are still a few of the "Veteren" bands out there that know what it takes to put out quality work. The Record Companies need to stand back and let these guys work, instead of pushing them to make an album every year. I've heard too many bands that just put out drivel, just to get an album out every year. Then they sit back and wonder why people are still downloading, instead of buying albums. It's hard to spen $15-$20 on an album with one or two quality songs on it.:wacko:

I'm not too impressed by the new Slipknot cd, maybe I have not listened to it enough.

Have been stuck on the last two Bullet for My Valentine cd's for the past few months.

Last edited by a moderator:
doctorcad,

I will never buy a Metallica album again.

Death Magnetic is available on the usenet.

Tom

Tiger- I think you have Soulfly confused with another band. The singer is not a female, it's the legendary Max Cavalera. But yes, their guitar player Marc Rizzo is absolutely incredible.

Yep, you're right. I can't remember the name of the band I was thinking of but it wasn't Soulfly. Sorry about that.

Caymen, what is Usenet? I googled it but not sure still what it is.

Sport Traxi, BFMV is pretty good. Waking the Demons is awsome. I first heard them on my Need For Speed Most Wanted game. Then they also had a song on Burnout Revenge. They are a great band to drive fast to on the games.:D

As for "new" bands I've been listening to: (rock and metal)

Anew Revolution

Rev Theory (formally called Revolution Theory)

Atreyu (Lead Sails and Paper Anchors)

Avenged Sevenfold (Self Titled)

Shinedown (The Sound Of Madness)

Jet Black Stare (In This Life) This one is a good one if you like heavier 80's style rock

Going to check out Brian "Head" Welch's album. Heard "Flush" on Sirius and it sounds pretty good. Anyone have this?;)

Caymen, what is Usenet? I googled it but not sure still what it is.

The Usenet is pre internet technology. It is simply awesome to get just about anything you want and even more stuff you do not want. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is available on it.

Essentially, it is a news server.

Contact your ISP to see if they offer Usenet service.

Tom

Yeah... Well... Today, I bought another copy of The Ultimate Who. Beat that!

Seriously, I've kinda been a Lacuna Coil addict. Them, and My Dying Bride. Guess I like the symphonic doom metal...

Dingo, nothing wrong with that. I'm into everything but Rap and Country.

I like Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, Kamelot, Symphony X. I also liked Sentenced but the singer is now in the band Poisonblack. If you haven't heard those, check them out.;)

...I just saw Children of Bodom and Between the Buried and Me (I love these guys) and it was a kick ass show. Seeing Inflames in December. Can't wait. Saw Bullet for my Valentine last month and got backstage passes and hung out on their bus until 5am just partying and drinking (they had to leave) have pictures of those dudes just rocking out. I try to go to as many metal/rock shows as possible.

Ions- Between the Buried and Me are absolutely incredible. A friend of mine got me into to them because he did some work recording their album Alaska. He has nothing but good things to say about those guys. He says they are real cool and down to earth. The have a live dvd coming out in October. It's 2 sets. The first set is a bunch of songs fans picked for them to play and the second set is them playing the album "Colors" from beginning to end. I can't wait to see it.

If you are into weird time signatures and off tempo changes like BTBAM you should check out Car_Bomb, Dillinger Escape Plan,Embrace the End, Meshuggah, Protest the Hero, Neck and Deadguy.

I just got tickets to see Biohazard(the original lineup) in Oct. and Soulfly in Nov. I am super psyched for these shows especially Biohazard.

If anyone wants some mp3's of anything let me know. I have 60 gigs of all kinds of music. I guess that's what happens when you work at a record store for a couple years. :D

Unfortunately, Metallica isn't done butchering our ears after St. Anger and insist that putting out hugely compressed, low-fi, noise rock is what the fans want. Since the album is so distorted and clipped, I won't be buying it. Volume and noise is not the way to make people buy an album, discreet sounds, hi-fi, and listenable music is. A shame.