To my "Metal-headed" fellow members...(heavy metal music)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tiger, now I saw what you said posted by someone in reviews on Amazon about the quality. I don't hear it. I've listened to it numorous times already and don't hear the "distortion and clipping".

Not to sound like a total ass, but do you know what you're listening for? It's best to hear what is good, and what is not.

Watch (and listen) to this YouTube video-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRyIACDCc1I

The CD sounds very flat. I notice it most on drums, particularly cymbal crashes and the resonance of the toms and bass. There doesn't seem to be any obvious clipping in the movie, but that is probably because the sound is compressed again for YouTube, masking the clips. Even with the further compression, there is an obvious difference between what could've been a good sound, and the noise garbage put out.

Yeah, i guess it depends on what you grew up listening too. It also depends on how good of a system you're using, you gotta have good speakers that aren't introducing distortion or clipping of their own.

I love me some rock music, but I also love classical with a full orchestra, and everything in between. I dunno, being a trained string player (viola) and playing in full orchestras for years has kinda made me a bit snobish. I want to hear every instrument, its range, timbre, resonance, warmth, everything...not just all of them compressed to the point it sounds like I'm listening to the music in a sewer with my fingers in my ears. Gimmie some Hendrix or Beatles. A good recording on a good system and you can pick out every nuance of their brilliant playing.

That's just me. I'm not a fan of the "louder is better" movement that's been going on.

Just got Slipknot from a friend and nice album. I can see the refences of them "calming" down, but all in all, it's a good album.

One I did forget to mention was Testament's "The Formation of Damnation". It's the first album in 9 years and they brought back some members. No sell out here. If you like thier classic sound, you will like this one.;)

Latest posts