To everyone that has painted their cladding

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Beaulieu

Reaction score
Went to get an estimate on two tone paint today. Guy stated it would be difficult because they arent supposed to paint the cladding because it will chip away to quick and they dont want to be held liable for having "bad paint"

How does the paint hold up on your cladding?

Painted mine about 1.5 years ago.

only place it is chipping is the ends of the step bars. and where my daughter kicks it getting in and out of the ST..

You can pick up the spray cans of the exact color listed under projects and it will look perfect. It is as easy as just spray and done. look it up

Over 3+ years with snow and sun, No problems, I was even hit in the rear bumper and the paint only scuffed...

Todd Z

I'm in the process of having my step tubes sprayed by Line-X. The guy at the shop said he could spray the bed and cladding with no problem. The only prep necessary would be to rough up the plastic. Mike has done several Sport Tracs and Chevy Avalanche suvs. He can spray a variety of colors. I'm getting gray for the step tubes to give it the original factory look.

Line-X will warranty for life.

A side note there was a customer who was doing a frame off restoration on his car and was having Line-X sprayed on the frame and under side of the body. Mike says he's done several cars under going restoration and it adds sound deadening as well as rust proofing to the vehicle. Not sure what the cost for the frame and under side of body costs.

John

We did it ourselves over 5 years ago no problem, spray first with a can of "bulldog" for adhesion to plastic, then primer, paint. Still looks good.