Tire Wear

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. The older Tracs have no OEM way to adjust the camber. Park on a flat surface and look at the front tires. Are they straight up and down, or are the tops leaning in? Some people think that it is the tires or the shocks but that is not the case. I've gome through one set of tires and working on my second with only 20K on them. The inner tread is totally gone. Get on E-Bay and buy camber adjustment bolts and washers. Install and get an alignment but tell them what you did so they adjust properly.

03 and up Gen 1 ST's have adjustment washers installed. Most shops don't know that.

I do agree if you need major adjustment then you may need an aftermarket kit.

Hal another member has confirmed this many times

Todd Z

Thanks for chiming in Todd Z, there is noticeable camber just by looking. The boys at Les Schwab say they can do a minor adjustment but, like you said, a major adjustment would require plates, bolts, or whatever. I asked why the camber would be set like this from the factory and he said for better handling while cornering. Not like I need sports car handling on my SUV!:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts