Tire Sensor Fault

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Papa

Reaction score
I've got 27000 miles on my 07. I just put new Michelins on because the original Michilins wore to the ware bars at 23000 miles. Since these new tires my "tire sensor fault" light goes on every time I drive. I've been back to the dealer twice. They checked pressure, ok, and said the sensor that Ford put in is too touchy. I do notice a slight shake in the seat now with the new tires. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

is this sensor on every '07 or was it an option? i got mine a short time ago and did not see this on the list. maybe i will have to go through it one more time?:unsure:

It's on all 07's.

If it says "fault" then they probably broke one of them when installing the new tires. The bands that hold them on are very very touchy. They should have retrained them after installing the tires and they should have noticed at that point that something was wrong.....they couldn't be trained if there was one broken.

I've been there and done it. Had to have two of mine replaced after the idiots broke them road force balancing the tires.

And yes, my Michelins have vibration issues as well. Since the day I bought it.

Ok, Thanks, I'm going back to the dealer in the morning. I got a feeling they don't even understand how they work. That's why the service manager gave me the ol' razamataz with the "Ford made them real touchy" line. It's driving me nuts.

either way, sounds like they broke one, or need to replace it....

Also the recalibration procedure is very time consuming, Maybe they just dont know how to do it correctly...

Todd Z

The recalibration procedure takes literally 2 mins to do.

Turn ignition on and off (I think 5 times). Horn will beep and message center displays train mode. Take trainer (magnet) to left front tire and hold by sensor, horn beeps, go to right front, repeat and horn blows, right rear, repeat, repeat, and left rear, repeat, repeat. Horn will blow several times and exit train mode.

I was actually in the Ford dealership today about my aftermarket wheels/tires and the TPMS fault issue. You want to know what they suggested.....they suggested to disable the TPMS instead of a fix. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!?! I never thought I would get that answer from a dealership of all places. Good luck!

Latest posts