Tire rotation

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Price 2

Reaction score
Just wondering if I'm the only one that does this. I just got my (basically) quartely tire rotation done. As soon as I get home I check a few lugs with my torqe wrench to see if any are loose(or to tight perhaps-but thats just guessing) just to see if they used a torque wrench of some sort or if theirs if off a little. But, then again mine may be off a little-but I doubt it.(never had it calibrated but do check it agaist my 3/8 drive one. I take very good care of my TR(s).....Then, back them all off anyway and torque to spec. Anyway, my fear is them being on to tight, possiably warping the rotors or anything else that could be a result.(what else could happen?) I'm being safe to be sure they are on tight. But, am I the only one that fears about the overtightning???

I try to watch to be sure they recheck balance after putting the weights on too,(ive seen someone not recheck before) but always seem to miss when they put the tires back on. There is always another vehicle or machinary in the way too and feels a little weird watching-i'm sure for him too. But, thats my baby your putting your hands on man! ...OCD maybe? I'm always going to recheck lugs. Just wondering about ya'll and what are the some affects of a overtightned lug(s).

It may not always happen, but normally if they have been overtightened or tightened unevenly, you will notice within the first few miles. I only recheck to see that mine are tight after about 100 miles, and then it is only with light pressure on a flex handle. Just my thoughts.

Rod

Latest posts