Tire Pressure??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisP Riley

Reaction score
Just wondering about the tire pressure when you go up in size tire. At 255/70/R16 the pressure is from factory at 30F and 33R. I went to a 265/70/R16 and what should i put in them now??? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks:cool:

Bill, just keep an eye on tire wear to ensure that the inflation pressure isn't causing unven wear across the tread. You miight see the center wearing more.

look on the side of the tire.. the tire maker knows best.. i have mine set at the recommended pressure on the side of the tire.. 40 PSI...

troy

I also have 265/70R16. I run 30 front/35 rear. It makes the handling much better. I discovered this when I looked at one of the invoices I was handed at a service station. They had put 45 lbs in all around. The ride improved noticeably with the proper pressure.

I run 265/75's on the stock 16x7 wheels. I keep 32 all around for now. I had 265/70's on the Ranger I had before and ran 35f/32r but the middle of the fronts wore out real quick. I think a 7" wide rim is really too narrow for a 265 tire. Hopefully I'll get 16x8's in the spring if I don't get hosed too bad on my taxes.

Latest posts