Tinting?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Teitell

Reaction score
I know most people get the front two windows tinted 20% to match the back two windows, but has anybody got the back two limo tint and the front still 20%, i was just wondering because i may do that, and wanted to see what it looked like.

brian

I have double limo on the back on my SVT Focus. Its so dark you can't see into the car with your face pressed on on the glass. You may be a target by police with really dark tint on the windows. The Focus is in storage for the winter, but I'll try to take pics.

thanks the only bad thing i heard about getting limo tint is that sometimes it is really hard to see when you are backing up at night

Yes it is very hard to see at night. I would stay with the factory tint on the rear and add 20% on the front. Heres a pic of my ST.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
pimpedoutst- i know that where im from...it doesnt matter what tints you have on the back..however 20% is legal limit on the front...you can check your local laws to see...my S/T has 20% rear from the factory and im bringing it in thsi week to have limo all the way around.!

ya 20% is the darkest you can go in the front in texas, will u send me a pic of the limo when you get it done.

thanks

brian

Pimp,

Texas is 35% front max. Or minimum, depending on how you look at it. And it is required to have a certification sticker under it on the drivers side.

grump

Damn it's 35% i still think im going with 20% because i have about 5 friends who have that and none of them have ever got in trouble so i guess i'll push it and hope for the same luck!

Brian

Damn it's 35% i still think im going with 20% because i have about 5 friends who have that and none of them have ever got in trouble so i guess i'll push it and hope for the same luck!

Brian

I have 5% over the factory and 20% up front,.,, would like to go darker in the front.. back seat is awesome for my daughter.. no glare orb right headlights too. I highly suggest going dark..