Throttle body

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bored out my throttle body today . Sounds like a mustang now haha.. Downshifts hard into first when coming to a stop. Guessing a programmer will help with that ?

The programmer is a great accessory to have. Just be sure you arent feeling the infamous trans. bump when coming to a stop. (like you were hit by another car?) Nevertheless, the programmer will help with this also, so its a win/win!

Good luck, please remember Torrie, a site sponsor for your programmer!

Sondra

Yeah it hits a little harder coming to a stop . I hope it's not to harmful and hopfully it'll get better after the computer relearns for the massive air lol

so, care to share any details on how you bored out the TB? did you make a new larger diameter butterfly valve? How did you compensate for the throttle position table settings in the ECU?

Go with Torrie, for several reasons:

1. He's got a ton of experience with writing custom tunes for Sport Tracs and other Fords, and is very experienced with SCT products. Don't just buy a Bully Dog, or SCT from anyone else and use the "canned" tunes. You'll see much better results with custom tunes from Torrie. He'll write tunes that are specific to your requests and vehicle mods/specs.

2. His customer service is outstanding. He responds very quickly to questions, and will work diligently to answer them and solve your problems

3. He is a sponsor of this great web site. So buying anything from him helps to keep it free for all of us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto, to all that TT said.

Torrie is one of the good guys'

When you are his customer he gets right onto the problem. He wont put you off. He will write your tunes for life. He doesnt do the generic tune. He will customize the tunes until you are satisfied. When I have made changes. He got me the new tunes in less than 1 day.

He races with what he sells. So he has the experiance. So you arent' dealing with, just an SCT dealer. He is an expert....:supercool:

He has suported our sport trac tunes for many years. I havent heard any complaints, on this board.

I bought my xcal3 used. I paid him to write custom tunes for my trac, 5 yrs ago. He has treated me the same as if I had bought the xcal3 from him....:supercool:

Please buy from Torrie. No regret's.......

Mike those were my questions as a new valve is needed or it will not seal properly once you go past 2 mm or more, Shaving the shaft and button screws makes a HUGE difference....

and the thinner plate we use allows over a 30% air flow through the TB......

Just saying.... :)

Todd Z

I would be surprised if changing the size of the throttle body has any affect on how your transmission shifts when coming to a stop. As svt alluded to there is a TSB on the transmission shifting issue. It is well documented here and on other Explorer forums. I had the dealer perform the fix per the TSB over 60k miles ago and the truck still shifts fine. Knock on wood.

Airflow into the engine plays a big part on how the transmission shifts. You have to remember that the maf is the major input to the pcm to determine engine load and the maf is all about airflow. If it gets the calculations wrong than all sorts of strange things, including shift behaviour, starts going wrong.

Latest posts