Thinking of new 20" chrome wheels ... thoughts?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Beelien

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm thinking of pulling the trigger for some new wheels in the spring.:grin: I've narrowed it down to a set of chrome Ion Alloy 625's (20 x 8.5) that will run 265/50/20 BF Goodrich g-Force T/A's. Here's a mock up ... what do you think?

[Broken External Image]:

Sure looks nice. I just ordered something similar last Saturday: 20x8.5 Streeters from Showwheels. I bought them from a companby called Ron's Rims on eBay and paid $185 a rim (without tire). Seems like a good price to me, don't know what Ion Alloy's cost though.

Bas

2007 to 2010 all have the same offset...

Be shure and check the offset. compare the new wheel offset and rim width, against the stock offset and width. That way you will know where the wheels will line up under the fenders.

Nice wheels. I always like the chrome version on red and dark colors.:supercool:

Here's a couple with similair wheels you're looking at. I know the first pic is 17's and the 2nd I believe are 20's.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are gonna do 20" wheels/tires, use a 275/45-20 tire as it is the closest to the stock diameter. I have the same set-up on my 2008. The tires will fit nicely on those rims with no clearance issues. Also I put on a set of Toyo Proxes ST2(directional) that have been amazing. Quiet, great in the rain, plenty of grip and wear very well(2 summers and only a 1/3 of the tread has worn). Good luck and post some pictures when you are done! Bob

The rims on the Gen2 in the first picture are 17's, as far as I can recall it's not lifted just looks like it because of the rim/ tire combo.

Here is a pic of the 20" wheels I put on my 08 XLT (which I have sold) ...got 22's on the Adrenalin that I have now.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts