thermostat housing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boodrodon Dykes

Reaction score
I have had a coolant leak for bout sic months, porgressivly getting worse. Finally had time to take a look and its coming from the thermostat housing, in the back. can anyone tell me whats involved in a R&R. what i need to take off to get to it, if anything? also if anyone knows the book time it takes, so i know how much time i need to set aside to replace it. Thanks in advance.

Boodro

Well I think I need to replace the bottom half too. I can exactly pin point the location cause its from the back. It looks to almost be coming from one of the sensors on the back, but cant quite tell if its from them or the lower part of the housing. anyone ever replaced the lower half?

Boodro

Thanks Todd. I woulda searched it last night, but I was out, and my resources were limited to my phone, which can be hard to get to the little things lol. Ima see if I cant tackle it and find out if its the sensors o-rins or the lower housing.

Boodro

Latest posts