The track treated me well today

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chargedtrac

Reaction score
It's hard to see the board clearly at the end of the video, though the time slip should be fairly clear.

My best elapsed time was on my first run, though my reaction time is pretty poor. I didn't want to red light and was doing a little power braking to get the rev's up just a little. I thought I spun the tires slightly, and the video sort of shows it.

If the transmission tune could be tweaked some on third and 4th gears, to shift at a little higher rpm (to more optimize the power band in those gears) I'm confident the result could have been a little better. I say this as for each of the 3 runs, from about 1000 feet to the 1/4 mile mark, the truck wasn't pulling in 5th going across the line. No complaints though, just an observation.

I didn't realize it in prior visits, but they had a weigh scale there. I lightened the truck load before I left the house. The scale showed, 4355 lbs for just the truck, and 4560 for the trucjk and me.

I'm very happy to have a 13 second Sport Trac. 13.66 @ 101.99 mph! :grin:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it did, Not bad at all !! great time !!!

Todd Z

Nice. That is impressive. :supercool:

With work on better reaction time and tuning for more pull through 5th, you could be closing in on 12s!

very nice. :supercool:

congrats on a great run :driving:

on a side note, don't quite understand the big weight diff between yours and the guys who went to e-town :banghead:

Gary - assuming the scales were accurate, I had 1/4 tank of fuel, no tonneau cover, no spare tire, took the jack out. I didn't weigh the pieces or check on the stock unladen weight difference if any between an ST and STA. Otherwise I don't know...

chargedtrac,

is yours awd or rwd?

as i mentioned at e-town, the tracs there hide their weight well. i was surprised that they were 5200-5300 lbs

i am sure yours was the correct weight at the scales but that is a big diff.

well either way, nice runs and some awesome times.

i think it is safe to say you have the quickest trac known :supercool:

Wow. Next time I am going to leave the tonneau cover, spare tire, and my weight lifting set at home.

OK - only kidding about the spare tire.

:bwahaha:

That is a very nice run time.

Thanks all.

Gary - mine is a 4x4. How that operation is handled electronically on the ST's as compared to an AWD STA I'm not completely certain. I have 4x4 auto, 4x4 high, and 4x4 low buttons...

I can tell you that with taking Stability Control off (dash button), and also turning Overdrive off, that there still is limited power going to the front wheels (as witnessed when I had my truck dyno'd on an AWD dyno.).

I'm expecting that if\when Supercharged SVT or Psycareyo get to the track they will likely post a better time than mine. I'm very thankful and content with where I'm at. I need to make sure it can get me back and forth to work everyday. :supercool:

I've pretty much retired my truck from the track as of Saturday. :driving:

I'm not taking mine to the track for awhile so no competition yet! I'm also not removing my hitch, spare or jacks. I will get a lighter tonneau cover though.

I also plan to remove my passenger side head light to allow max cold air flow to the intake.

I have to believe that your trac is lighter than any STA. All the stuff that makes an STA look sexy adds weight over a non-STA model.

You also have more track experience than me. By a long shot.

I've made my goal 14:00 in the 1/4. If I beat that....well that's awesome lol.

Still have more trans data logging and tuning.

Also waiting on info for the valve body mid for 6R80s

I just can't take this thing to the track with such terrible shifting. It's got me stumped.

I'd been dealing with Level10 transmissions in NJ on a valve body they supposedly make for the 6R80. The moment I asked them how theirs was different to the oem unit....they basically cut off all communication with me. I've sent them 5 emails over the two weeks and have been completely ignored. I will call tomorrow but I think that I may just pass on doing business with them. This is just ridiculous.

I did not remove the hitch\receiver. I don't think it can be removed. I took off the couple of things that were easy just to help my chances of breaking 14.00.

Unless the 6R80 is drastically different in shift characteristics to the 6R60, Torrie's TCM tune in firming up the shift points is pretty good considering. It may not be 'racing' shift optimum but from my experience wouldn't say it is terrible, and for me its having a balance for street driving, shy of having another more aggressive tune for the track.

Now you have me curious peaked want to go for a ride to see how your STA runs and shifts. :driving:

I'd think that if one was striving for the 'perfect' setup all the way around for track\performance, there would be a lot of informational value in having some track baseline runs. But that's just me I guess. You have the dyno numbers, which are great!

I think some of the E-town guys would tell you, other than trying a few different take off techniques, the rest is foot to the floor, hold on, keep the truck straight and have fun. :supercool: Any track experience I may have isn't much to write home about. Given my reaction times, you'd think I was taking the time to take a swig of coffee before taking off. :banghead:

Best of luck over the winter with the mods and adjustments you are planning. It should set you up pretty good come next Spring.

Bottom line is have fun and enjoy, whether an ST or STA, and whether modded or not. :haveabeer:

Carey - nope. A little too far right now just to confirm my suspicions. Probably catch back up with you in the spring. I'm guessing by then at the pace you are going your STA will be close to being a Super Stealth Transformer SVT STA. :banana: :driving: :grin:

HAHAHA. Decepticon!

I'm pretty much done after the, Aeroforce Interceptor, radar/Laser countermeasures, window tint, 1.5 drop and Bakflip F1 bedcover are all completed.

Well....I really wanted to do a full pillar replacement gauge pod also...

I can't think of anything else that I would want to do with the truck. Maybe a bed cargo light.