The South this morning

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TJR said:
I have a front-wheel drive car. I know how to drive in this, but since 99% of the guys on the roads (the few that have to be there) don't, I will just stay in my hotel today. The local office I work from is closed.

From "Tips For Yankees Moving South":

# If you forget a Southerner's name, refer to him (or her) as "Bubba". You have a 75% chance of being right.

# Just because you can drive on snow and ice does not mean we can. Stay home the two days of the year it snows.

# If you do run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in the cab of a four wheel drive with a 12-pack of beer and a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them. Just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.

More-------V

Last edited by a moderator:
I have live in Georgia all 25 years of my life and have never met a Bubba, nor a Jethro. It seems to me that those names were created much farther west (thinking Hollywood).

gary s. wrote:

curious, how does the TC do in the snow?

Johnny O wrote:

I think it sucks. Throws you around when you're not expecting and when all four wheels are in deep snow it makes the engine take a crap. I usually lock in 4Hi and shut the TC off.

I think the "TC" Gary is referring to is my Transit Connect, as opposed to Traction Control.:haveabeer:

Gary, IDk as I haven't taken it out in the snow yet. Should do better than my E250 did though!

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, the TC i was referring to is the ford transit connect.

i am curious on how they do in the snow.

yes steve, should do better then an e-van. TC is fwd. :driving:

Oh, sorry.

In my experience how well a FWD does in the snow depends a lot on the tires. I had Blizzaks on my wife's Taurus and it went as well in snow as my Trac and stopped better. Depends how much you need it though, whether the second set of tires is worth it.

"I had Blizzaks on my wife's Taurus and it went as well in snow as my Trac and stopped better. "

i have heard alot of positive about blizzaks. this is the first i have heard on a FWD.

great or better yet GREYT idea. will try some on my fleet vehicles. johno, thx for the tip.:haveabeer:

I've got Blizzaks on the stock 18" limited rims for the winter. When the 20's come off after the summer, they go on. Had them two seasons already, not even 3/4's worn yet. Absolutely phenominal in the snow, you would feel so confident with these that winter driving is fun. Like when you were 17-18 and just starting to drive, I'm invicible!! Bob

Blizzaks are shiznit. Buy all four. Worth every penny. Upside, you don't wear out your regular tires as soon, so it's a wash with better winter performance.

How would you to get that crap 20/30 times a winter. We've only had 4 storms so far and I'm sick of it already and maybe 15 to 20 in. coming tomorrow!

Looks like the south got a mess of ice and freezing rain. Snow you can at least drive in if you know what you're doing. With ice you're screwed until it melts wherever you are.

The Minneapolis TV stations are showing videos of southerners crashing into each other and doing stupid things like burning up the Beemer. It's always good for a few laughs. In the meantime, the Minnesotans and Wisconsinites routinely do power turns around corners to save time off their commute.

Actually I've seen very few wrecks around here. The Minneapolis TV stations are probably just digging up a few southerners wrecking to make the Minnesotans and Wisconsinites feel superior ......:bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha:

Well, Steve... It's interesting how 16 year olds here who've never driven on snow or ice seem to be able to do it without bearly spinning a wheel. You'd think that adults in Georgia would be able to do the same with their additional years of experience and knowledge and a more-developed level of common sense. :bwahaha:

The Minneapolis TV stations are showing videos of southerners crashing into each other and doing stupid things like burning up the Beemer. It's always good for a few laughs. In the meantime, the Minnesotans and Wisconsinites routinely do power turns around corners to save time off their commute.

We don't have snow, just ice. Only ice. Granted, there are stupid people doing stupid things.

I find it funny when northerners are fainting all over the place, losing their mind over 90 degree heat. Some even die. What? That's not even hot, dontchyaknow?

Hugh said:
I find it funny when northerners are fainting all over the place, losing their mind over 90 degree heat. Some even die. What? That's not even hot, dontchyaknow?

I live in PA where we get both. Hopefully in 5 to 10 years I'm outta here and moving south. I can handle FL without A/C better than PA without heat. I've been to Memphis in August and learned why people in the south move slower. It's like Florida without the breeze.

Latest posts