The South this morning

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're getting dumped on here in NC now.

Man I like those wheels ! ! :love::love::supercool:

Edit: 10 AM photo. Still snowing off and on now at 4PM. Looks like you got more in 'Bama than we did.

0c25301d9838bb4442420fd4660e2846.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Global Warming:bwahaha::bwahaha:

We're starting to only get dustings up here in the north, but our temps have been ranging from -5 to +15 over the last few days. Makes for some cold ice fishing and working on vehicles.

Global warming has been renamed to "climate change", so that when crap like this happens Al Gore can still be right.

Anyway, I flew down last night from Philly to Atlanta. Got in before the snow started, got to my hotel in Norcross and watched the snow fall. Very beautiful.

I have a front-wheel drive car. I know how to drive in this, but since 99% of the guys on the roads (the few that have to be there) don't, I will just stay in my hotel today. The local office I work from is closed.

Would be nice if they had plows, because given the extended temp forecast this might be here a while. However, i understand that the capital investment in plows isn't prudent given that this type of storm followed by several days of low temps is not normal (10 to 20 years kinds occurence).

The sad part is that in the Northeast people would get out with shovels even if needed to clear cars, sidewalks and even side streets rather than let this turn to ice (okay, not so much in the cities, but the burbs). Around here, I guess people don't own shovels, gloves, snow scrapers and what not. My car is all cleared, and I am itching to get out...everyone else is crying in the hotel. Wussies!

Just proof that the South will Fall Again! :banana:

TJR

TJR, I studied it in college and we're taught as Global Climate Change because some places are warming and others are cooling. I just have to laugh the way the media is always portraying it as Global Warming.

If you actually study or atleast look into studies about Global Warming/ Climate Change You would see the answers right there and explains why the climate around the world is changing so harshly. If you know even alittle about climate than you know that when too much fresh water(cold) goes into salt water(warm) it will vastly change the weather pattern creating enormous storms like we've seen in the past 2 decades. I'm not starting a fight with those that just watch the news and think there's no such thing as "Climate Change", I'm just saying do some research and studying before you say the Earth is "fine".

:btddhorse::haveabeer::welcome:

TJR, you being down there, ready to go, but everyone else is cowering indoors in fear of the snow, definitely struck me as funny. Back when I was in college, we drove to Florida for Spring Break. On the way back, we approached an area in Tennessee which had received some very rare snow. There were a couple inches on the ground. The state troopers had closed the interstate.

When we approached the roadblock, we went up to the troopers and asked why it was closed. They told us it was because of the snow. When we inquired further, we found out that it was up to two inches deep in spots, and not icy. We then pointed to our Wisconsin license plates.

We were very surprised that just based on that, they let us proceed--We had about 100 miles where we were the only vehicle we saw.

Okay, the absolutely HYSTERICAL thing was when a local news report this AM showed a BMW with the engine compartment fully engulfed in flames.

The reporter said, and I quote:

"There were reports that the driver had floored the car and the friction from the spinning tires caused the car to catch on fire."

Some of the Jethros and Bubbas sitting next to me in the hotel cafe went along with that.

I called Bullshit! on the report and I said:

"It's much more likely that the guy red-lined the car while spinning the tires and blew the engine, and that started the fire. There's no way a car on icy, cold pavement spins its tires until they catch fire. Just no way."

Then I remembered the Mythbusters episode of the very same topic.

TJR

Some of the Jethros and Bubbas sitting next to me in the hotel cafe went along with that.

Well tonight you can sit in the lobby of the hotel with them and see Auburn kick some Ohio State butt!!! :bwahaha:

lived in CLT in the early 80's.

the rare time we had just a few inches of snow it was the end of the world :cry:

SCFEd,

like those wheels as well. nice :supercool:

steve m,

curious, how does the TC do in the snow?

I promise, Earth will be fine. We may screw up Earth until WE can no longer exist, but Earth will still be here spinning along its axis.

This weather sucks and Georgia is completely unprepared for it. My town pretty much shut down. I'm not complaining...

gary s. said:
curious, how does the TC do in the snow?

I think it sucks. Throws you around when you're not expecting and when all four wheels are in deep snow it makes the engine take a crap. I usually lock in 4Hi and shut the TC off.

Latest posts