The food thread

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Barber

Reaction score
think I am going to die here,last of my jalapeno crop, the red ones are ghost peppers, got them downtown at an asian place, hang um, dry them, grind them up.

tried a smidgen of the ghost, been two hrs and am still on fire:([Broken External Image]:

Well Pit bull Hot sauce is going out of business..... I may have to stop using hot sauce again, all the other junk out there is watery junk !!!

Todd Z

I have been growing and drying my own peppers for 30 years and the Asians are probably the hottest. I love hot peppers and food spiced with them.

If you do them yourself they will soon teach you not to pick your nose, rub your eyes, or go to the mens room without washing your hands FIRST.

drpertz,

Had a bad experience when I made salsa with habaneros a few years ago. Didn't wear gloves as the recipe instructed, which seemed to be fine.

Then, the next morning I went to put my contacts in and thought I'd been maced. For the next week, every time I put my contacts in I had to wait out about 5 minutes of eye-watering evil caused by the oils in my hands.

Todd Z,

If you're looking for a new sauce, have you tried Miccanopy Gold? It's made in Miccanopy, FL (outside of Gainesville) and has a great flavor to go along with the heat.

The dude on Man V. Food, my new favorite TV show, said that ghost peppers are the hottest there is, something like 10,000 times hotter than habaneros. On the Travel Channel.

I have a dried concoction made with 4 or 5 different peppers that I like a lot. I also have some Dumb Ass from Ass Kickin'. The Dumb Ass is just blinding hot but has no taste so I just add whatever amount of it I want to my Frank's Red Hot, which has great taste.

Man.........I miss the hot stuff ! Been 3 years since my surgery and I'm still finding foods that I can't eat anymore. I can do hot but not spicy. A litle Frank's is about all I can do now.

I wound up in the emergency room a couple months ago due to Oreos. Found out I can't digest fats and sugars like I could before. And that is all an Oreo is.....FatBomb.

Anyone else see the news report yesterday morning about soda and the sugar in them? They said 17 teaspoons in a 20 oz bottle. WOW...that sounds crazy. Said that if you drank one a day that it adds up to 30 lbs a year of refined sugar.

buzz-kill:p

Todd - Sorry to hear about Pit Bull. It's good stuff.

I've been using Sriracha sauce lately. It's not overly hot, but it adds some interesting flavor.

Well Pit bull Hot sauce is going out of business..... I may have to stop using hot sauce again, all the other junk out there is watery junk !!

Is there still time to order Pit Bull Hot Sauce?

Tom

Tom,

Yes on line, They are still taking Internet orders....

Thanks guys, i just stocked up for my self.... it will last about 2 years in a dry cool place...

Todd Z

Latest posts