The $50 Lesson

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard L

Reaction score
I recently asked my friends little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be the President of the United States. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there smiling. So I asked her. If you were President, what would be the first thing you would do? She replied, I would give food and houses to all the homeless people. Her parents beamed with approval.

Wow, that would be a worthy goal. I told her. But you don't have to wait until you are President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep the driveway and I will pay you $50. Then I will take you down to the corner where the homeless guy hangs out and you can give him the $50 towards food and a new house.

She thought that over for a few moments and finally said, Why don't you just have the homeless guy come over and do the work and pay him the $50? I said, Welcome to the Republican Party.

Her parents are still not speaking to me. :bwahaha:

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
bo,

Good point....I suggest that we get rid of all Subsidies...that will reduce the number of crooks in Congress, be they Republicans or Democrats. I personally think we should ban political parties and let each candidate stand on their own merits. Political parties are just another "Special Interest" group...no better or no worse than all the other lobbyist....er?? I take that back, actually they probably are worse..:bwahaha:

If we get rid of political parties, and limit Congressional or Senate terms to just one or two terms, and eliminate their retirement benefits, we would return to what our fore fathers had envisioned for America and eliminated the the career politicians.

...Rich

Latest posts