Thanks to Todd C./Upstate NY Meet??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather Kudela

Reaction score
Todd, just wanted to say thanks again for taking a look at my Trac! It was great to finally meet someone from the site! And people- Todd's pic's in his library of his trac do not do it justice, this thing is awesome! :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did he just look at the truck, Or fix it for you... ;)

I think I would have looked at you first.... :eek:

Still can't decide which one is better looking... HAHAHAHAHHA :lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd (Z) no, no fixing, it's the timing chain as everyone suspected, so I'm going to try the warranty with it...we'll see how that goes! Also- Todd (C) and I discussed an Upstate NY meet, anyone interested????

Heather - You're welcome.

Anyone know how serious the timing chain rattle is anyway? Is it just an annoyance, or will it lead to a catastrophic failure at some point?

I had the service done on my '01 and it helped a little, but the rattle was still there. My 04 rattles a little when cold too.

Todd,

I heard people driving years with out an issue, BUT I do remember a member hear having the chain wear a hole in the cover it was so bad...

If that is it, i would have it looked at, or try thicker oil....

Todd Z

there was a little discussion about an upstate ny meet a while back but I never heard anything more. I think the last thing I heard was that we would keep our eyes open for spots to meet that was a fair distance between and from everyone....

Now that would be a good center for everyone to come from say Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Binghamton, etc. Know that park well. Grew up in Churchville, NY and now live in Baldwinsville near Syracuse.:)

Lived in Batavia back in '74-'75. Remember Letchworth very well. A beautiful park and the canyon is quiet a suprise when you look at the surrounding coutryside. Where did it come from? How can it be here when there are no mountains?

If you want to do that this year Let me know.... I will not do the Long Island meet then...

Just keep the driving time to about 4 hours for me please.....

LOL

Todd Z

Let it warm up a bit and have the meet in Oswego. Beautiful in the summer, covered in snow the other 362 days of the year.

Do it during Harbor Fest, hang out on Water Street, do the Bridge Street Run (start at one end of town, E 10th or so and hit every bar as you down along 104 until you get to the Woodshed) - tell them Travis send you........before you start make sure you park your vehicle and hide the keys as there are, or used to be, about 25 bars you could hit along the way depending on how agressive you worked the off streets.

JT#14

SUNY Oswego '89

I've been to Harbor Fest almost every year since I moved to Syracuse and it is ALL teenagers. Yes the bars still exist but come dark it is all teens with ricers. It isn't a place where I wuold park my Trac and leave it....

hey guys and gals im into an upstate meet. iam with todd z keep it to a 4-5 hour drive for i am from mastic beach long island. let me know if i can help in any way:cool:

Hey, im from Hamburg/Eden NY and i'd be more than willing to go to a meet at letchworth state park or somewhere around here...Again if we could do somethin mid state at most-so its about 4 hours from buffalo, and 4 hours from nyc thatd work perfect for most members interested i think!

Thanks

Andy

Latest posts